“Good food”

The Urban Frog
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I tried out the restaurant on a whim and wasn't disappointed. Had the 1/2 sandwich and a cup of soup. The soup was Frothy Tomato and it was really good. I was expecting a canned soup. The sand wich was a turkey wrap and it was good and tasty.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I'm on a restricted diet and have to eat gluten-free meals in addition to avoiding some other foods. I rarely go out to eat since my diet is too much of a hassle. The staff was very accommodating to my needs. They are able to make anything on the menu gluten-free and were willing to substitute or remove any other items that didn't fit into my diet. The menu had so many fresh and healthy whole food options that it was hard to choose what to get.

My mom and I each got the 1/2 sandwich / cup of soup option for lunch which I believe was $7.75. We both got the lentil soup which was so flavorful and left us wanting more. I ordered the Sweet Potato Wrap which had slices of raw sweet potato, fennel, sunflower sprouts, avocado and a honey mustard sauce. Delicious! We both had plenty to eat. I really wanted to try the chocolate cake but was too full to do so. For a drink I ordered hot tea and got my own little tea pot that held enough for 2 mug-fulls.

We will definitely return to this cafe again. I loved the open and inviting atmosphere, the great food and the location. If it hadn't started raining, we would have explored more of the downtown area.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I liked this place a lot. Several of the reviews I read called the place pricey but in comparison places like Starbucks are way more expensive when you consider the quality of the food and the atmosphere.This is listed as a fast food place but it's not McDonalds by any stretch of the imagination. The only thing in common with fast food might be the wait. I like supporting local businesses and this one was definitely a great find. Great place to meet up with friends or just hang out with a book and a bottomless cup of coffee. Thumbs up, A+.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

WOW! I wasn't expecting such an amazing little place. The food was so fresh. They had a little section to purchase jewelry and more snacks. I bought Millet Chips and they are something I buy on a regular bases now. They are the best chips ever! I had a juice and a salad. Both very fresh and tasty!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had lunch here yesterday as the restaurant is next door to the site of a class we was taking. The restaurant features organic and locally sourced ingredients. The menu offered a variety of grilled sandwiches, wraps, salads, appetizers and a daily choice of soups. I can recommend the carrot soup and the St. Christopher sandwich. We had lavender lemonade and hot cider, but the menu also includes coffees, teas, energy drinks and smoothies. The decor is modern coffee house chic and even has a fireplace of sorts, especially nice on cold Wisconsin days. One corner had a kids' activity table and another a selection of handcrafted items for sale. I am looking forward to going back for further "food adventures."