“yum yum”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Wausau
“yum yum”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

out of this world wonderful food and nice atmosphere---our waitress was a little condescending considering that our table laid out over $200-----but we'd go back here---and hope we get a different waitress.

Visited April 2013
Rc S, Owner at Big Tomatoes, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thanks for the review! Glad you liked the food and atmosphere. Yes we have had a few service issues in the past. Definately not our standards, but have corrected them and you will recieve a different waitress on your next visit. Hope to see you again soon, Thanks!

De Pere, Wisconsin
“Just Okay”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is our third time eating here and not a very memorable experience. Decent wine selection, but food was just okay. I had the Mahi Mahi special, and my wife had the Chicken Cavatapi. Both were okay, but nothing that told us this needed to be one of our regular places. The best part of the meal was the wine and the bread service. Overall price for quality was also just okay. Give it a shot and hopefully you find it above average.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TimApril
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My husband and I went to Big Tomatoes last night for Valentines Day. The service was ok but we were so disappointed with the food. I had the scalops and they were fishy smelling and it seemed liked there was sand or something on them that crunched like they hadn't been washed. My husband had the seafood and pasta. There was hardly any seafood and about 2 cups of pasta. We had been here before and enjoyed it but maybe they have a new chef - we won't go back.....

• Visited February 2013
“BEWARE!”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Ate at this restaurant on NYE this year with 13 of my closest friends, food was overpriced and not prepared well at all. Found a hair on my wife's plate and the waitress wiped it off and expected her to still eat the food. We as a group were very unhappy with the food and God awful service this place provides. When we asked for our bill it took over a half hour to get it and was offered no apologies until we searched out the chef/owner and even at that point he asked what we thought he should do! In the end I think maybe 40 bucks was taken off say 500.00 worth of food and drinks. Lesson learned and I WILL NOT EAT THERE EVER AGAIN.

• Visited December 2012
Rc S, Owner at Big Tomatoes, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thanks for the honest review. You are correct and we did have a service issue that night. I did realize that it took a little while to settle the checks that night, but it was only because the restaurant was full and we needed to do it to all of the individual checks. We did offer and give more than the forty dollars that you suggest and again I apologize for the inconvenience. I assure you we have made and corrected the errors that you encountered that evening. I am again very sorry for your expereience that evening. It is definately not our standard or something we are proud of. Thank You,
“Horrible Service!”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My family went there for a celebration dinner after graduation and I have NEVER had service this bad anywhere, and we go out A LOT. First of all, the server clearly had no idea what was going on. We ordered 3 drinks, coffee, a cocktail and an orange juice (which the server wasn't even sure they carried). We were never told the specials, but he took our order. After 15 minutes a different server came to the table to refill our empty waters and I asked if our other drinks were coming. 5 minutes after that the coffee came, another 5 minutes after that my sons juice came after having to be reminded again. Needless to say, I NEVER did receive my cocktail! When our food started coming out, I was sharing 2 dishes with my son and the waitress brought us plates and I tried to say the other dish that we were sharing when she cut me off very rudely and said it was on it's way. I am not exagerating, 10 minutes went by and we still didn't have the pizza my son ordered. I politely called the other waitress over and asked if the pizza was coming and she was SO RUDE snapping at me saying "I said it was on it's way". We never did get an explaination why it came out so far after the rest of our meal but the cheese was barely melted and the sauce was watery and running off the pizza. Mind you, we were the ONLY table in the place! I will NEVER recommend this restauant to people or return! Both waiters should find another career path because service like that is a disgrace to the industry and the executive chef should take a little more pride in the products he puts out!

• Visited December 2012
Rc S, Owner at Big Tomatoes, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
I do apologize for your service issues. They are certainly unfortunate and should have never happened. This is definately not what Big Tomatoes is about. We have made changes in the service area and are working on elevating the standards of service to an even higher level. Thank You very much for your honest review that evening.