“Heidel House - A great facility with excellent staff.”

Heidel House Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Green Lake
Reviewed 16 April 2014

First time at the Heidel House for a workshop being hosted at the facility for my work. I was impressed with its excellent staff, clean facility, and the perfect balance of relaxation and fun. I can only imagine what great opportunities the Heidel House has to offer for summer and I would certainly return anytime of year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I went wtih a group of friends to Heidel House for a girl's weekend. It was FANTASTIC. It was not too crowded, the drinks and service at the Grey Rock were wonderful. We spent about 7 hours at Evensong Spa utilizing various services, the cafe, and the relaxation room. It was the best spa experience I've had and the massage was certainly the best I've had. If you go and eat at the spa cafe, be sure to try the Evensong salad. The Resort, Restaurant and Spa made for a completely relaxing and memorable weekend.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the lake! It is very picturesque.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I spent the weekend at the Heidle House Resort with my girlfriend the first weekend of April,2014. We had read all the great reviews and thought it would be a great place to spend the weekend. We got a great deal through Groupon and knew the place would not be packed during the off season. We arrived late afternoon on Friday, and was greeted by a very accommodating staff. The front desk recommended that we dine at the Grey Rock Mansion right next door. Again this restaurant had great reviews so we gave it a try. Unfortunately we found the following conditions present:
1. The dirty white table cloth was covered with white butcher paper.
2. The food arrived and was not only expensive but thoroughly disappointing. The perch special resembled sardines out of a tin can, only those would have tasted better. We each had 2 drinks with dinner, the bill was $88.00.

The hotel room was in need of refurbishing, the décor was 1992. Saturday night we dined at the Sunroom Restaurant inside the Heidle House. We were hoping for a better experience then the night before. We ordered the prime rib buffet. It may have been the worst prime rib dinner I have ever experienced in my 55 years. Completely inedible. The menu stated that the prime rib would be chef carved at your table. Not so. We were told by wait staff that the prime rib was pre-cooked and reheated. Another $88.00 thrown out the window.

Late afternoon we decided to try the in-room whirlpool, and were unpleasantly surprised to find no hot water available. Need I say more?

.I forgot my IPhone charger so we went into the business center that the hotel provided. Needless to say it was grossly inadequate and not one piece of equipment in there worked. .

Save your money and save your marriage and visit elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mbinski
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I decided to check out the Heidel House for the first time to celebrate life....a birthday getaway. My mother and I was very pleased with our Deluxe Lakeview accommodations. Jason, Andrew and Ian were great at the Heidel House. Dawn and the staff at Evensong Spa were also great! Cant wait to go back when its warmer, Im sure its beautiful.
Thanks!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trish W
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I spent a relaxing weekend at the resort, in a corner suite, in early March 2014. The room was spacious and included a bar fridge, a microwave, sink, table, couch, HD TV, and a separate bedroom with a kingsize bed. Our room (231) overlooked the lake. We ate a couple of times at the (Sunset??) restaurant and both times enjoyed our meals. We'd return there anytime. Great value for what you get. Staff were very friendly. The location was great, right beside the lake. Nice indoor pool. Definitely recommend it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveBoi
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for a Marriage Retreat. The room was nice, not 100% updated, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. We were in a Lakeview Room, if you can upgrade to one of these it's worth the money! The balcony was nice to walk out on and the extra space in the room was wonderful. It is the middle of winter, but the view onto the frozen lake was still awesome! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here in the dead of winter for a women’s retreat. Outdoor activities were by design not part of our plan but overall we enjoyed this place. Downside was no free continental breakfast and no coffee in the lobby. (Subpar coffee making capabilities provided in the room.) No microwave in room but had mini frig. Clean pool and nice big hot tub and also a whirlpool. Decent fitness and game rooms. We did not use the restaurants and spa associated with this place, except for the Sunroom Cafe which was pretty good for the morning breakfast buffet at a fair price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
#3 of 3 in Ripon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac
Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun

Been to Heidel House Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!