“WI Supper Club on Green Lake”

Norton's of Green Lake
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Green Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

A classic supperclub setting. We ate the wallets almandine per other reviewers' recommendations. It was flaky, well-cooked fish. Very rich and buttery. Our kids had fettucini Alfredo and it was fine, nothing outstanding. The manager was personable and kind, service was all right. The popover rolls were homemade and also buttery.

2  Thank clackey2

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had heard that Norton's has the best Walleye in town, and it was tender, carefully buttered and topped with slivers of almond. Delicious! I enjoyed the whole meal - salad, soup, bread, kale, and wild rice complemented the fish perfectly. Yum!

1  Thank WorldTraveler1134
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Having been brought up in the restaurant business this place hit all my nostalgia buttons. The bar is a very typical nightclub atmosphere that I would expect for Green Lake. Beautiful views, great service and prompt attention. We chose to eat indoors and requested a table for a half hour after we arrived. Like clockwork we were seated and greeted by a very professional and courteous waiter. The menu was explained, recommendations were made and we proceed to have a very romantic and special evening. Our food arrived at the appropriate intervals and it was done to perfection. I had seared scallops which were amazing and my partner had the walleye. Both meals were done perfectly and we could not have asked for a better experience. The food is a bit pricey, however the combination of the view, staff, service and food was well worth it. We really enjoyed watching other guests compete in bags and will try sitting outdoors next time just to have a different experience. We will definitely be back when we visit again!

3  Thank Marie64_13
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Being that I have been going to Nortons every so often since I was a kid (36 now) and used to love the place, it takes a lot for me to say I won't be coming back. First off the menu was very limited for a dinner menu and half of the items on there were only on Fridays. Second the food was VERY overpriced....$15 for a chicken salad and the chicken had been boiled and pan seared for a half a second on one side, looked terrible. Needless to say my wife didn't eat it. I gave it two stars to be generous because they did have decent service and after complaining about the food to the staff they refunded the 15$ boiled chicken salad.

2  Thank Lunk78
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nortons was amazing! Great food, service and atmosphere. We had a party of 15 and they handled it so well. We had 3 servers waiting on us. It's a must see in green lake!

1  Thank Wendy L