“Great Couple's Massage, professional spa!”
Review of Evensong Spa

Evensong Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Green Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Evensong Spa is wrapped in tranquility and set on wooded acres in Green Lake, Wisconsin. Our services, products and setting are all about re-energizing your mind, body and spirit. We offer a unique blend of natural services and products, customized for each guest's needs. Our goal is to help guests achieve outer and inner peace, attain their desired physical results and improve their overall well-being.
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Couple's Massage, professional spa!”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

My husband and I had a couple's massage for our anniversary in October 2012. We arrived 30 minutes early and walked the labyrinth and relaxed in the relaxation room. We each got to choose from an array of wonderful aromatherapy oils before our massages. Then our massages were outstanding. We had the Inner Journey massages. Both therapists were extremely professional and really good at their jobs! Then came one of the best parts....the steam room and hot tubs in the locker rooms (which were very clean and well stocked with great products, fluffy robes, and hair dryers). The men's room has a t.v for the guys while they wait for us (and a hot tub and steam room as well). Bring your swimsuit. Also, if you have a later afternoon appointment, come in early to use these amenities!
We did not eat at the spa cafe, but saw other people eating and the food looked delicious.

All-in-all I would say this spa is comparable to high end resorts like the American Club in Kohler, WI. I would go back again!

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just a Little Confused”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Visited the spa over New Years Eve, while staying on the resort. I will sum this up quickly:

1) Services Offered - A
2) Spa Facilities - A-
3) Customer Service - C+
4) Massage Received - D-

I would have given the Customer Service a higher rating, but once I factor in the massage experience I had to bring down the rating significantly. After reading other reviews, I see that I am not the only one who has had an issue with a massage therapist who smokes prior to giving a customer a massage. His technique was good but the smell of smoke (and I think a little bit of body odor) really ruined it for me. I will definitely come back to the spa again if I visit the resort again, but next time I will know to ask for a non-smoking massage therapist. Just confused why management hasn't handled this issue if others have voiced concerns in the past.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Brenda H
HeidelHouseGM, Manager at Evensong Spa, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Brenda H.,

Guest reviews are taken very seriously and I am concerned about the details you have provided in your review. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter further.

Druellen Kosti
Evensong Spa Director
920.294.3347
dkosti@heidelhouse.com
Mauston, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total relaxation”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My husband and I won a huge gift certificate to the Heidel House Resort so we splurged on a weekend getaway a couple of days prior to Christmas on our way to see family. We got in Friday night which allowed me all day Saturday to spend at the Evensong Spa. A huge blizzard had just hit two days prior and many were still digging out of the snow but the views were so beautiful with all the fresh white snow it was worth the drive. I pre-scheduled an 11:00am Total Body Relief treatment. Regular price is $215 but I had a certificate for 20% off. I ended up spending $229 total - including an 18% tip on the original price (my request, they asked if it was OK to add the 18% tip to the discount price. So, either there was a glitch in automatic tipping during another reviewer's visit or they fixed that issue).There is a cafe at the spa so I also treated myself to the Ultimate Smoothie (highly recommended, so refreshing after a body treatment) and the fruit/cheese platter -which is truly a platter to share or take most of it with you (cantelope, melon, pineapple, strawberries, grapes, swiss, mozzerella, cheddar, pepperjack). Perfect leftover snack to eat with a bottle of wine (or the sparkling wine you get if you stay under the Romance Package at the resort).

I have only had 3 other spa body treatments before, so am still figuring out the proper protocol of using spa services, but the staff there made me feel so comfortable from the front desk clerk to the therapist to those in charge of the cafe. I had Crystal and loved her. I did not smell any smoke on her like someone else mentioned and she was so calm and soothing without going over the top. She explained the entire process and I think would be a good therapist for a first-timer to figure things out. The Total Body Relief was a great package because you got a little of everything. Body scrub, body mud mask, cold stone facial massage (which I surprisingly loved), shower off the mud then you get body oil and hot stone massage. 90 minutes of pure bliss. She arrived in the woman's locker room exactly at the time of my treatment and I got the full 90 minutes - but it almost felt longer, in a good way.

After my treatment I took advantage of the included spa access by hanging out in the cafe/sitting room area - provided bath robes are the outfit of choice, allowing the body oils to really soothe my dry winter skin and enjoyed my snacks. If you want to order any of the food items it is a half hour wait as the food comes from the resort across the street, but you can order ahead of time if you prefer. I wasn't sure so I waited until after my treatment to order and the time went quickly as I was in no hurry to leave.

I arrived to the spa about 45 minutes before my appointment so I could get checked in and use the whirlpool first - I highly recommend this as the whirlpool has a nice waterfall and the aromatherapy really gets you in the mood. I didn't want to use the whirlpool after my treatment and dry out my skin again (I have very sensitive skin). There is also a steam room if that is more to your liking.Since it was so dead and I did not bring a swim suit with me I went in without one, but if you prefer bring a suit with you.

I spent a total of 4 hours there - really had to talk myself out of buying some of the products -they never once suggested a purchase, I just loved the products so much I was very tempted, but they are pricey enough to keep me from buying. They have full showers and lockers and it is such a comfortable space. They have about any product you could need for showering before you go and it is high quality stuff. I am still loving the soy milk body lotion smell while typing this review.

Overall, probably about my favorite spa experience, which is pretty good because my other favorite place until today was the Westin Riverfront spa in Avon, CO which is a five star resort. I just had to type this review as soon as I got back to my room as I always plan to do these reviews but tend to put it off too long to remember the helpful details. The only nit-pickiest suggestion I could come up with would be to have maybe a hot tea option in the waiting room and cold cucumber slices for the eyes in the locker room. Mind you, those are really just suggestions from the Westin that I loved, but really a wonderful experience for me.

Make the trip to the Evensong whether in the dead of winter when it is slower (and not at all crowded, which I love) or during the busier season of summer. You won't be disappointed!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank 860CarolG
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ahhh Spa”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

What a nice spa! I chose a spa package that included a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. My husband opted for the Balinese massage. All of our services were wonderful. I really enjoyed the quiet room. The fire place was lit and we relaxed and watched the rain fall outside.What a beautiful area. My package came with a lunch and there was enough food for my husband to share with me. The spa staff were lovely and the atmosphere tranquil. We will be back soon. I want to watch the snow fall next!

1 Thank Janet W
Madison, Wisconsin
“Paradise”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My recent visit for Spa Week could not have been more delightful. From the moment I stepped in I was at peace. The facility is top notch, the decor is beautiful and the spa is kept spotless. The locker room was wonderful with a hot tub and steam room to enjoy. I took advantage of the massage and finished with a pedicure. My services were wonderful, I could not ask for more. My masseuse was very caring and really knew what he was doing. He found every knot and sore place I had. My pedicure lady was so sweet. She gave the best foot massage! Even though I paid less for my treatments because of the special I would have no problem paying regular price. The service and spa are worth it.