“Beautiful & Serene”
Review of Evensong Spa

Evensong Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Green Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Evensong Spa is wrapped in tranquility and set on wooded acres in Green Lake, Wisconsin. Our services, products and setting are all about re-energizing your mind, body and spirit. We offer a unique blend of natural services and products, customized for each guest's needs. Our goal is to help guests achieve outer and inner peace, attain their desired physical results and improve their overall well-being.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beautiful & Serene”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Evensong Spa is a gorgeous facility, with all the amenities you would expect from a high end spa. After checking in, I was directed to the waiting area which looked out onto the golf course. I reclined back in a comfy lounge chair with a ice cold water in hand and relaxed until my attendant came and got me. I received the ultimate pedicure and it was extremely relaxing. It was an hour long and included all the bells and whistles you would expect, although I've received the same service from previous spas for a considerable lower cost. I assume I am also paying for the atmosphere and "those amenities". The girl who did my nails was nice and efficient and I appreciated her skill. I was surprised an 18% gratuity was automatically added to my bill which didn't leave it to me to decide if the service I received was worth that or not. Maybe that's how things are done at spas these days; not sure. But overall, it was a nice treat to give myself and would recommend them.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jackie061810

Markesan, Wisconsin
“Just What I Needed”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was my first visit to this spa. I have had several friends who go regularly and talked me into going with them for a visit. We went during the week and I would recommend going at this time as the spa was not overly crowded. As it was my first visit our group received the grand tour.I was very surprised at how spacious and thoughtful the layout of the spa was. There is a beautiful indoor labyrinth that you can walk while you are there. Our attendant explained it is there for relaxation or meditation if guests choose to walk it. I must say it was a very relaxing experience. We decided to order lunch ahead of time so it would be ready after our treatments were finished. Lunch was served right on time and was wonderful. I had the Evensong Salad which is a mixture of cheese, fruit, nuts and chicken salad. The other dishes my friends enjoyed looked delicious too. For my services I chose their signature Innerjourney massage it was wonderful! They place heated stones on your body during the massage and it made me feel like I was melting into the massage bed. I had about an hour in between my services and I spent the time in the hot tub. They also have a steam room you can use too. The locker room was very well stocked with towels and lotions etc. My facial was the best I have ever had. My facialist was very knowledgeable and educated me in how to take better care of my skin. They use an organic line called Eminence wow - I actually bought a few products to use at home and I love them! Overall I was very impressed with the service I received. The staff make you feel comfortable and seem like they really enjoy what they do. I must admit I was hesitant at first to go with my friends as the prices of the services are higher than the day spa I usually go to but I feel that the service I received were well worth it. I am told they run some pretty good special offers and will be checking their website to see when they are.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank PamelaCortez
Ripon, Wisconsin
“Evensong Spa "Amazing"”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My friends and I were AMAZED when we arrived at the Evensong Spa. It was an awesome building and the inside was even more amazing.. The staff was very professional, attentive and polite. We took advantage of the special offers they had for massages and facials.. We loved every minute of it!! The products they use are organic, they smell amazing and felt wonderful.. They also offer lunch. We ordered veggie wraps, smoothies and desert! The food was great!! Very clean facility. We also enjoyed their steam room and waterfall whirlpool. Can not wait to come back!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jen C
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Heidel House for a girls weekend and decided to hit up the Evensong Spa. Waste of money and not relaxing at all. We started out in the relaxation room before our services. It was so packed and people were talking really loudly. Most of the people in the room were in street clothes which was very strange to us. Seemed like they were just letting anyone in there to hang out. I got the inner journey massage which was good, but my friend got the prenatal and was highly dissapointed. They don't have special pregnancy table so they make you lay on your side. She said the woman spent more time positioning her than actually massaging. Next we hit up the cafe for some berry smoothies which were nasty and just tasted like straight up yogurt. Not to mention the swarm of ANTS that were attacking out feet as we sat in there. We told the worker and she said "oh I'll call the exterminator and just brushed it off like it was no big deal. Seriously!!! Worst $160 I've ever spent. Will definitely not return or recommended to others!

1 Thank MichelleRoss
HeidelHouseGM, Manager at Evensong Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for sharing your experience. The Evensong Spa team strives to provide you with the best possible service, and when we fail to meet your expectations it is important for us to know. We are sorry to learn your friend was disappointed with her service and regret any inconvenience or frustration your experience in the Spa Café has caused. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope you’ll give us an opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.

Druellen Kosti
Evensong Spa Director
Columbia, Missouri, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing massage - unexpected steam room and hot tub bonus!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I booked a weekend at Heidel House resort and received a special 100$ voucher and 20% off coupon to the spa. To my surprise, they let me use the two in tandem! The spa is beautiful--please rememember to come early so you can get in the zone! They give you a robe, slippers, access to a steam room, hot tub, very peaceful "laborynth" path. Everything is very high quality and aesthetically pleasing. I really enjoyed the steam room.

My massage was 50 minutes as advertised, maybe longer since the massage therapist came and got me early. The massage was INCREDIBLE I splurged the FIVE extra dollars to get the Inner journey masssage instead of the Swedish massage. You get to pick a scent for the oil they use---ALL were amazing--I chose Oolong. I feel amazing! Relaxation lounge, cafe, and ameneties I mentioned before are all available after the massage as well.

Visited January 2014