“Serenity at Point Comfort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Green Lake
Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Green Lake B&B and Inns
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Serenity at Point Comfort”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Two 100 year old pillars post the entrance. Long before the owners of Angel Inn were even born, as if someone knew the destiny of these concrete hosts, the words POINT COMFORT were carved in their stone. I noticed the words as we drove in off of Lawson Rd. I thought to myself "I hope so'".
The circular drive loops between giant oak trees. I like how Angel Inn is a short walk or bike ride to the tiny downtown of Green Lake, but not in the midst of the hubbub. The house sits well off of the road, and the gorgeous yard has well maintained flower beds of vibrant colors. The big yard slopes gently to the lake edge. If you don't want to leave the grounds you could stay right on the property and take walks around the 2 or more acres.

First thing I noticed while checking in was something incredible baking in the kitchen...while I couldn't see the kitchen, I sure could tell "Grandma" was baking...It was only 1:30 and I breakfast was still 18 hours away. After a pleasant welcoming by Kathy (the owner) we went up to our second floor room....Wow! I've stayed in B & B's all over and this room was amazing. The detail in decorating and comfort Kathy put into the room is second to none. Tea on the 2nd floor veranda was perfect. The bed was a dream and the pillows were clouds. I slept great and the only thing to wake me up was the luscious aroma of fresh brewed coffee at 6:15 am. I "started" breakfast with fresh fruit, homemade blueberry coffee cake, and another coffee cake that tasted like fresh sunshine with a hint of something crisply refreshing, and an incredible sunrise over Green Lake. At 9:45 I went down for the rest of breakfast: eggs, fresh tomatoes, bacon, quiche, cheese roll up heavenly morsels, more fresh fruit, fresh squeezed OJ. We brought bikes and a small boat. Angel Inn has a sweet pier, sandy enough shore, and the lake is crystal clear. We spent some time swimming, fishing, lounging, reading, walking, bike riding, talking, just being serene. As we drove out, I looked at the pillars which now read COMFORT POINT... and I thought, "Promises kept."

The price for one night---$175. An incredible bargain. I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Take any room they have available and be grateful that you were one of the lucky ones.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ajptdad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Imagine gently waking up to the smell of freshly-brewed coffee and then just a hint of apple-cured bacon adding to a delightful mix that welcomes you to the morning. You then float your way down the beautiful staircase to a breakfast I can only say must be experienced. In front of you is a beautiful lake, and a lovely round table is heaped with fresh fruit parfaits combined with yogurt, warm coffee cake and platters of perfectly-cut melons and berries.

You sit and have your first cup of coffee, tea or juice and chat with delightful people from all over and your morning begins in a comfortable and unhurried way with the most wonderful innkeepers, Kathy and Dave, quietly attending to your needs. Make your way over to another lovely antique piece serving hot entrees, like cream-cheese stuffed French Toast, with warm regional Door-County cherries for a topping or cheese blintzes with orange sauce. Next, are egg dishes that vary from day-to-day, and finally, there is that apple-cured bacon.

This grand home offers only five or six beautiful rooms, so one is not overwhelmed with people making it a really pleasant stay. We stayed in the largest of the waterfront rooms, the Raphael, which has a king-size bed and lake view. Every room has fresh-cut flowers.

Upon arriving late Friday, at around sunset, we were delighted to see wine and some delicious Wisconsin cheese and crackers waiting for us. This is offered each evening to guests.

We have returned to the Angel Inn year after year and will continue to as it's an idyllic place to get away and relax in a beautiful setting, while feeling at home in a home-away-from-home, with the warmth and care of Kathy and Dave. We ALWAYS feel welcome! I don't think I can say that about any other place I've stayed. They are genuinely happy to see you return and it is most sincere.

There is a boat dock in front of the B& B, so our friend's boat had easy access to pick us up for a ride. Norton's Restaurant is located right next door for cocktails and meals and there were no sound issues at all.

I highly recommend the Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast in Green Lake, WI. I think you'll really enjoy your stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Viczen
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 9 August 2011

On the shore of beautiful Green Lake. Old Greek Revival remodeled house that is absolutely beautifully remodeled from new bedding to fresh new towels. My wife and I make a habit of B&B's and this is the nicest of all so far. The view out the windows of the serene lake is breathtaking. There is a really nice restaurant right next door, with a wonderful bar overlooking the lake as well! Dave and Kathy are soooooooo accommodating. Wine and cheese are free in the afternoon, while sitting in the swing on front lawn. Check out the website and you can see from the pics how wonderful it looks. TOTAL WINNER! Mike

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike Z
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our first time here was three years ago, and we liked the Angel Inn B&B and the town of Green Lake so much, we came back. Everything was just as I had remembered: wonderful home cooked breakfast, well appointed, clean, comfortable rooms, warm and genuine hosts, and an incomparable lake front setting where I could feel the tension and stress of my city life literally wash out of me. We particularly enjoyed the large porches and dock overlooking the lake, and sat there for hours reading and relaxing. The Inn and the setting are ultra quiet and romantic.

The house is a renovated 1910 Georgian mansion and each room has a spa tub and a separate, modern bathroom. We've stayed in two rooms, the Michael and the Gabriel. The Michael has a lake view and a 2-person spa tub, fireplace, shower, queen bed and mini fridge. The Gabriel is a bit smaller but has a charming old-fashioned style spa tub. There is a great restaurant two doors down called Norton's, and after that, town is only a 10 minute lake shore walk. We particularly like the Blind Goose Restaurant in town.

Kathy and Dave are wonderful hosts and helpful with whatever info about the area that you might need.

My husband and I have stayed at B&Bs all over the country, and Angel Inn is one of the best. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the Michael or the Raphael lake view rooms. They are worth the little extra they cost.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank operarose
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We actually WON this two night stay in a raffle drawing during another B & B stay in Green Lake many months earlier. Our hosts were just as gracious, and the food was just as delicious for us as it was for the other guests. We had a heavy snowfall overnight and I was so guilt ridden for enjoying the generous hospitality of a free stay, I got up and helped Dave shovel snow and chip ice off the driveway!
We stayed in the Michael Room and loved every minute of it. The luxurious two person tub and fireplace was a great addition to the room. My wife and I now use the Angel Inn as the standard when comparing other Bed and Breakfast establishments. Kathy and Dave have certainly set the bar high!

Room Tip: Vist the website for an excellent overview of the inn and pictures of the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank marinedad71
Evansville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This was my second visit to the Angel Inn and, as before, it was a delightful experience. The property is incomparable. The former mansion has been lovingly restored and tastefully decorated, and is right ON the shore of Geen Lake for awesome views and restorative tranquility. Hosts and innkeepers Dave and Kathy Greening are simply the most gracious hosts you will ever want to meet. They will greet you warmly and make sure you have everything you need, yet will make themselves invisible so that you can enjoy your privacy. If you like breakfasts, as I do, Kathy is a gifted and creative chef who serves only the finest quality foods, including local and organic produce. The two breakfasts I enjoyed on this trip included cheese blintzes, spinach puff pastries, poached eggs, strawberry crepes, a spinach/summer squash strata, applewood smoked bacon, cinnamon rolls, almond coffee cake, freshly squeezed orange juice, a fresh fruit bowl each morning, and three types of good (and I mean REALLY GOOD) coffee. They also serve a variety of teas if you're a tea drinker. You'll be so satisfied, you won't need lunch! Oh, and did I mention every room has either a large whirlpool or oversize tub? I highly recommend the Angel Inn whether you're traveling solo and just looking to "hole up" for a few days for some peace and quiet, or whether you're looking for a romantic getaway with that special someone.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank brtime
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We just returned from a weekend in Paradise!! My husband and I, along with some close friends who also happen to have an early June anniversary recently spent a wonderful, romantic weekend at the Angel Inn in Green Lake. We stay at a lot of B & B's and sometimes the stay doesn't quite meet our expectations. That certainly wasn't the case with the Angel Inn. It was everything the reviews promised and more! From the fantastic lake views from our room and adjacent balcony to Kathy's unbelieveably scrumptious breakfasts it was difinitely a weekend that left us longing for more! We arrived on Friday afternoon in time to enjoy the complimentary wine and cheese on the boathouse deck and then followed that up with a short stroll to a very nice dinner at the restaurant next door. On Saturday morning after eating as much of Kathy's strawberry french toast (yummy!) and orange crepes (to die for!) as we could, we took a short day trip (30 mins.) to Amish country and had a terrific day seeing all of the quaint little Amish shops. I'd highly recommend the Greenhouse (beautiful reasonably priced hanging baskets) and the bakery for sure! Once again we returned to the Angel Inn in time for wine and cheese and then made a short (10 min.) drive to Ripon and enjoyed a 4 star dinner at "America". We got back to Green Lake at dusk and as we sat on the front porch enjoying the lake...fireworks began going off across the lake! Apparently there was a wedding and part of the clelebration was a fireworks display-but we just pretended it was in honor of our anniversary, and when the fireworks ended with a series that formed a giant red heart-it just couldn't have been more perfect!! If you need a few days to get away and let the stress melt away, Angel Inn is definitely the place to go!! Thanks Kathy and Dave for a memorable weekend. It just couldn't have been more perfect!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Greenway House Bed and Breakfast
McConnell Inn
McConnell Inn
#3 of 4 in Green Lake

Been to Angel Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!