See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2009

Well, it was our first visit to the Green Lake area, so we weren't all that familiar with where to stay. It was Labor Day weekend, so busy and options were slim. This place is awful. Dirty and disgusting. I didn't even want to have bare feet on the floor or in the shower! We started calling it the "Dirtford". Some places can be old, but still well maintained and clean, the Dartford Inn is not one of them. We had our infant son with and I was afraid for him to even be in the room! We should have slept in our boat. For one, it is bigger than our room was and far cleaner.

Date of stay: September 2007
2  Thank andmic510
Reviewed 27 August 2009

is a great place to stay there friendly is a quiet relaxing area , many things for kids to do been coming here for many years an will continue i bring my elderly mother with every year an she enjoys it there willing to help her with whatever she needs

Date of stay: August 2009
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We stayed in this hotel with a group of friends for a wedding. The shower was disgusting. The carpet was old. The beds were worn out. And it wasn't very clean. The staff were argumentative. Instead of replacing the old metal freestanding showers they are painting them. Go stay at the Acorn Ridge Motel in Princeton.

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2008

Um, old charm? I saw that review. We stayed in 2 different rooms, both had dead bugs on the carpet, smelled bad - even the non-smoking room. Very dirty. Manager unprofessional, upgraded the room only if he could do it under the table so we could not get a receipt for the difference. The man behind the counter is a scammer and also cheats whoever the owner is. Gross, lots of people sitting out front of their rooms drunk. The owner made no attempt to stop one older gentleman who was drunk out of his skull. He was walking around the motel and pool, bothering adults and children both, begging for coffee to sober up - for 2 days straight!

Unless you are in the construction business, don't stay here with your family - you will be very disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank xizziz
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Problem Date: 07/24/08. I called and spoke with a man (the manager) who acquired all of my personal information for 4 rooms that I was going to reserve for the weekend of 08/09/08 for my sister's wedding. After the man asked me about the # of occupancy per room, in which I replied, "About 4 per room." He threw an uproar and told me how "not kosher and not normal" that 4 people, that 4 adults would be occupying such a small room. To which I replied that, "the majority of the occupants will be children/teenagers." and that I understood that there are just 2 twin sized beds in each room and that it will be "okay, because we will be at the wedding the whole day on Saturday and Sunday and will only be there to sleep for the night." To which he responded with a "There will be a $10.00 dollar fee per room per night then." to which I responded, "that is fine, I understand." He kept on telling me how "not normal" it was and then he said, "I'm just letting you know now so there won't be any bi+ching later." To which I responded, "I'm sorry, what did you just say?" he then said, "I'm sorry mam' to use that kinda language but it really is not normal and I don't want to deal with any bi+ches later." In which I told him that that kind of language was rude and very unprofessional and that I don't want to stay at that place anymore because of those words because I did not feel safe. In which he replied, "if you want me to back out of this reservation I would be happy to." I told him, "yes, please cancel my order because you've been very unprofessional with me." and he cut me off by saying, "I will cancel your reservation. HAve a good day." and hung up on me! I then, called back to ask to speak to a manager. He said he was that manager but I could speak to the owner. In which case I did and explained everything that happened to him. Dave, the owner, went on to apologize about the manager's behavior but went on to tell me that, "here in Wisconsin... now I don't know where you're from, but here in Wisconsin there is a law that there has to be a certain percentage foot per person." He then went on to say that the manager was trying to explain that to me but I did not understand. What didn't I understand about that? I'm from Wisconsin. They know. They have all my information! If the manager would've said something about the law, I would've been happy to reserve more room. I then went on to let Dave know that I let the manager know that the majority of the occupants were children. He said he would reprimand the manager. I told him I was going to the BBB to file a complaint and asked him to confirm that everything was cancelled and nothing would get charged to my card. he confirmed the cancellation.

I didn't even stay at the Dartford Inn and I hate it!

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Slauj