“Little Known Secret”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hartford
Jordan House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Hartford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Just returned from the Hot Air Balloon Rally in Hartford.....unfortunately the weather was not so good for hot air balloons, but at least the fireworks were great!!!

My son lives in Hartford and invited us to attend the event with he and his family. So I tried to make hotel reservations a couple of weeks ago at the AmericInn in Hartford, but there was "no room at the inn". Not wanting to stay at the Super 8 (yuk) I almost cancelled our trip when my daughter-in-law found the Jordan House B&B on line. There were no reviews of the Jordan House so she was a little hesitant about recommending this B&B to her Mother-In-Law!! Since this little B&B had the only room with a bath left in Hartford, I decided to call. I spoke to Kathy who is one of the owners, and after a very nice conversation about her B&B I decided to reserve the "Sunshine Room" for the one night we were in Hartford.

What a charming old home. Our room on the second floor faced the street and caught the morning sun, hence the name. It was a spacious room, with an equally spacious bath (I believe the only room with a bath). Our room was decorated with antiques and wonderful furnishings I like to call "early attic", very nicely done. Kathy served us a wonderful breakfast of waffles, sausage, and fresh fruit in a lovely dining room highlighted by Kathy's Fathers unique and fascinating collection of vintage marbles.

The Jordan House is just up the street from Hartford's historic downtown and in walking distance of great restaurants, a wonderful coffee house, and lively pubs. The value of this B&B is outstanding....had we taken a room at the the Super 8, it would have cost us over $25 more, and it would have been, well, just a lousy Super 8!!!!

I rated the "sleep quality" lower than excellent only because our room faced the street and there was occasional light traffic noise....in my mind not a big negative.

Lovely room, beautiful Victorian home, and wonderful hospitality....thanks Kathy!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank StormFan62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Jackson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend
Best Western Germantown Inn
Westphal Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Jordan House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!