“Wow what an entrance to my wedding!”

East Midlands Helicopters
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Costock
More attraction details
Owner description: East Midlands Helicopters is the oldest and largest helicopter operator in the Midlands, having been operating for the last 25 years. We operate helicopters for charter, pleasure flights & training.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I just wanted to thank Nigel and the whole team at East Midlands Helicopters for adding something very special to an already great day. They met the motley crew of myself, best men and father with a bottle of champagne and from then on the whole experience just got better. Flying in a helicopter like this is a dream come true for myself that I made the others share :-)
I can thoroughly recommend the team to make you feel at ease and ensure you have a fantastic time.
All my thanks to Nigel, Ro, Dan, Peter and Nick keep up the great work and thanks for a flight I will never forget.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was bought a helicopter trial lesson for my birthday (£170.00 for 30 mins in an R22), this was purchased directly through East Midlands Helicopter's website as it was better value for money than going through other sites such as Red Letter Days/Virgin Experiences etc. I went for the lesson on Monday 17th Mar. The site is located at a farm in the village of Costock in Leicestershire. Due to it being a weekday I was not left waiting around for my induction. The ground briefing was informative and very interesting. My guide/instructor whose name escapes me (sorry) was excellent, he explained everything I needed to know, his knowledge was incredible. He also let me choose where I wanted to fly so that I got a birds eye view of my house which was amazing. Family were given time to take photos before and after too. I would recommend this to anyone interested and I would definitely go again but would like to try the R44 & take family members up too.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

East Midlands helicopters were fantastic, we was a group of 8 ladies who were nervous as hell about the helicopter ride, the pilot let us take lots of pictures before and during the ride. The pilot was very friendly and made the ride enjoyable.
Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a helicopter.

Charlotte xx

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Nick H, Operations Assistant at East Midlands Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words. We're delighted you enjoyed your flight and hope to fly you and your friends again in the future.

Kind regards,
Nick

Reviewed 2 February 2014

February the 2nd I had a one hour trial lesson with Nick! From start to finish a very engaging and thorough experience into helicopter flight.

There was a reasonable briefing in the offices which took into consideration aptitude and the science of flight. Although this wasn't pushed on you, and only because I had an active interest.

Once up in the air I controlled all respective instruments with constructive feedback and direction from nick. Within the hour, I travelled at various speeds, practiced turns, fly over areas of interest and practiced hovering at a nearby airfield.

All in all a great experience with an instructor I would recommend to anyone. Great experience, and maybe one day could be a great place to gains one full license!

Rosalie S, Manager at East Midlands Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Frankie
Thank you very much for your positive comments. We always endeavour to ensure that all our clients have the best possible experience when flying with East Midlands Helicopters whether it is for a 5 minute pleasure flight or a full commercial licence flying course so it is good to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We would be delighted to welcome you back should you decide to embark on a training course for your Private Pilots Licence with us.
Many thanks