Ross' Teal Lake Lodge & Teal Wing Golf Club
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hayward
See available hotels
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We did not stay at the lodge itself so this review is not about the cabins or quarters. While staying at a nearby VRBO for a week, we quickly ran out of things to do with the kids. Luckily the management at Teal Lodge were more then happy to sell us a week pass to the lodge. There's a regular swimming pool, large play-scape for the little ones, all size bicycles, badminton, croquet, and many other activities to do with the children in case you actually get tired of swimming and diving in the lakes, or canoeing or kayaking or fishing ;) They also have a full service bar with pool, darts and other amenities. We ate at their restaurant for breakfast. They had a large selection from typical eggs, bacon, hash browns to eggs benedict, variety of pancakes, omelettes, fresh fruit and pastries and of course Wisconsin cheeses. It was pricey at $15 a person for the full service, but overwhelmingly good.
The Teal Lake resort and our VRBO are about 20 miles out from Hayward WI. We were a large group with 3 under 12year old kids and 5 adults. We stayed busy with the kids from sun up to sun down. Thanks to the Lodge's facilities our vacation was a success. However unless you're a large group like ours or are only on a short trip I think I would quickly feel isolated here. The Lodge advertises itself as a historic lakeside resort and it does look and feel like you walked into a 1950's or earlier era.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed at Ross' Teal Lake Lodge recently. After a terrible Spring, I was lucky that the ice was out of the lake when I got there( went out just a few days prior). The cabin I stayed in was nice. It was a two bedroom cabin ( Woods Lake). The kitchen was reasonably new, the view from the deck was terrific. Kind of a difficult walk down the hill to the lake, wouldn't recommend for young children or people with mobility problems. The bed I slept in was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. This resort is EXTREMELY dog friendly which is why I chose it. As it was very early in the season, I didn't have to worry about my dogs bothering anyone anyway. As Golden Retrievers, they did not care how cold the water was, they just wanted to SWIM. Good hiking trails nearby. Only real complaint is they relied on free TV until everything went high definition a number of years back. They have a couple of cabins with Direct TV but most have no TV access at all including my unit. That may be fine with some people but as a solo traveler, I do like to watch the baseball game or something else in the evening after a day of activity. Their hope for free TV to come back is unrealistic and they really do need to invest in satellite TV or Direct TV for every unit. This is 2013. Let clients decide if they want to watch TV or not. There is no internet access, no WiFi, no cell phone service so a bit isolating but I can live with that. The resort itself wasn't officially open so I have no experience with their restaurant or boat service as neither was available when I was there. I felt it was a bit overpriced for their "quiet season" with no amenities available. Drive to the nearest town for grocery or restaurants etc is 20 miles so trips into town are a bit of a hike.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We were looking for a place to vacation with our dogs back in 1995 and came upon Teal Lake Lodge. Have visited annually since then and just confirmed our reservation for another week up north! As a child, my family always reserved the same week at the same American Plan resort and I relished those weeks of fishing and boating. It is this kind of experience that draws us back to Ross' now. There are a variety of cabins to choose from: we've stayed in many and have settled on a particular lakeside place that suits our needs. The Ross family will be as helpful as possible. Want to have all meals courtesy of the lodge, cook all meals yourself in the cabin, or do a mix of both? No problem! Hang out at the pool, the golf course or spend your week on the water? Ok! Need to socialize or want to get away from everyone? This is the place! When we drive in, I feel like I am going back in time to the tradition of northwoods "resorters". If you do some research on this kind of vacation, you will be primed to enjoy a great Wisconsin experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Our family, and this includes the dogs, has been going to Ross Lodge for 7 years now. It is our “getaway vacation” – away from cell phones, TV, and the internet (although all this is usually available around the lodge area). Instead we spend our days fishing, boating, swimming in the lake or pool, going for bike rides, or playing ping-pong. Or we take a golf cart and ride the 18 hole golf course – last year we came across 2 deer and a fox around the course. And while there are meals at the lodge, we enjoy cooking our own meals in the cabin. The cabin is fully stocked with all the utensils, pots, pans, etc that we need.

During the evening we often build a bonfire on the beach and rehash great fish stories. Or we stay in the cabin and play board games, catch up on reading, or sit on the screened-in porch, watching the sunset and listening to the loons.

This lodge is not for everyone – it is rustic. For instance, the bikes and kitchen utensils are second-hand, the ping-pong table is old. But for us it is the perfect place to reconnect with each other without all the distractions of the outside world. It is the perfect place to teach our grandchild how to cast a fishing line and how to swim from the raft to the pier. It is the perfect place for great fishing while watching an eagle fly overhead. It really is our family’s perfect getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and i had a fabulous time at Ross' Teal Lake Lodge. We stayed there this summer and are now planning next trips for us and others in the family. We are always in search of the perfect resort and this is it! Family owned and run, it is welcoming. Everything is clean, well cared for, and there is much to do. We think the golf course is the most challenging, beautiful and interesting one we have ever walked and played (Saw owls and cranes on an early morning walk.) The pool, trails, restaurant, game room, adults only lounge, waterfront are charming and efficient. We enjoyed having breakfast ready for us, several delicious dinners, and all requests for information about the area, the family story, the options for lodging have been handled flawlessly. I didn't think that there were any more high quality family resorts left, and this one is a gem and we are so pleased that we found it!

Room Tip: Talk to Prudence and she will match your needs to their diverse options. They really do a great job of working with you as an individual and meeting your needs and expectations.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple