“A surprise”

Cuisines: Mexican
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A surprise”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

What happens when the north wood meet Mexico? A delightful dining experience. The staff was attentive and remarkably courteous. Even the bus boy was working overtime to make sure we were enjoying our meal, had enough to drink and that the delicious chips and salsa never dried up. I has the chili rellenos, which had I slight kick, we're not overwhelmed by batter and weren't drowning in the oil of too much cheese. My husband loved his taco salad and proclaimed delight as we departed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sara T

Minong, Wisconsin
“What a nice surprise!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Heading out during the sub-zero temps to a movie and dinner and decided to try La Cabana. What a treat. The food was excellent, hot, and tasty! I have worked in restaurants, and the reviewer who thought the food was "nuked" probably isn't familiar with restaurant kitchens. In any case we totally enjoyed. We will return...also, my sangria was really good!! Such a nice addition to the Northland!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Marge A
Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“South of the border goodness in the Great White North”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Like margaritas? How about massive portions? Friendly staff? Quick service? Outstanding chips and salsa? Then this place is for you! I was staying in the hotel next door while my car was being worked on and the staff of this restaurant treated me like family (Not the kind of family you dread seeing on holidays, but favorite uncle family). The interior is large and festive. It is a nice change of pace when compared to over priced, pretentious area restaurants (You know who you are Angry Minnow). I will return and you should check them out!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mike K
“Very good Mexican”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

From Texas, live in AZ now and been eating Mexican all my life. This is as good as any I can ever remember. Highly recommended. If there is a downside, its the tourists and their self importance, but that's hayward. This is great Mexican.

Visited October 2013
Minnesota
“Excellent Mexican Place”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We ate at La Cabana when we visited Hayward last week. We were glad we stopped in. Some of the best chips and salsa we have tasted. Not salty like many places. Our food came to our table hot and very tasty. Good sized portions and the prices were reasonable. Will be sure to stop back next time we are in Hayward.

• Visited August 2013