“Great time!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Cottage Grove
“Great time!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Reception was immediate and friendly, and were then taken to our booth right away. Drink orders were taken after we were seated and arrived soon afterwards. Chips and salsa were delivered to table and our orders taken. Our Margaritas were exceptional and very tasty! Our food order was delivered in timely fashion and piping hot. Several servers returned to our table through our meal to check in with us. We had no issues, or concerns, with our food or service. The food was very good and service was exceptional, with good dining atmosphere. Would definitely return! If traveling through the area again.

Visited May 2014

Rockford, Michigan, United States
“Great find in our travels!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were just heading back to Michigan from Cable, WI, and drove through Hayward. We were looking for a special place to eat and came upon La Cabana. It looked interesting, so we gave it a try. The inside is very interesting and original, and also very clean. I always wonder about the seats, window sills, wood, etc, and it all seemed nice and clean. A shorter fella came out right away, and served us chips and salsa. They make their salsa by hand, and man was it good. Very spicy, but very tasty... not just hot. And cilantro added too. We got two helpings. We ordered the steak fajita, and was very impressed with the steak flavor, and found they make their own marinade. Our two servers even posed for a picture. We had a great time!!

• Visited April 2014
Hayward, Wisconsin
“Good Food and Great Service”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The food is always good at La Cabana and the service is always GREAT. They have a happy hour Monday thru Friday and it is always fun to go to. Ted the bartender is really a great guy. We visit La Cabana almost every week.

Visited March 2014
CABLE
“Great Mexican food in the Northwoods”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Like other reviewers, I was a bit skeptical about an ethnic restaurant in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. I've lived in the area for almost three years and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised! The food is authentic, delicious, and large portioned. The chips and salsa to munch on were delicious. The food came fast and the service was great. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I will be back soon, and I will recommend it to other residents and visitors to the area. My only criticism would be that the food could have been a bit more spicy... but I understand that many establishments in the North hold back on the spice because locals aren't used to the heat. If you want it spicy, be sure to tell the server. I didn't have any alcoholic drinks this first visit, but looking forward to trying a margarita next time.

• Visited March 2014
Hayward, WI
“Consistency has improved ...”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I continue to bring friends and business clients to La Cabana. At first, there were some inconsistencies in both food and service ... But I OH, so miss having a decent Mexican restaurant close by., so I kept coming. I've learned to order the special, rather than something obscure from their TOO LARGE menu. They weeded out some non-Hispanic waitstaff that were less than stellar. Now, service is pretty consistently great. It still falls a bit short in the seasoning/flavor department, but for a small town, it is worth patronizing.

• Visited March 2014