“Once was on top”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: One of Hayward'c finect restaurants since 1922. Operated by the same family. Full menu, casual atmosphere. Northwoods atmosphere.Recently remodeled. Popular outdoor deck in back. Friday Night Fish Fry
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This had been a very good place to dine and meet friends on the main street but like many restaurants no money has been invested and I am sure the people are ready to retire or move on.

There are newer reviews for Karibalis Restaurant

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Well, we got seated in a broken booth that rocked the whole time we were there. We asked what was on tap and the waitress said nothing because they were closing, so when my husband asked what they had in a bottle, she said "I don't know". He asked if she could find out! I asked if they had wine and she brought me a menu and everytime I asked for one, she said they were out. She didn't mention that they had a salad bar, so when I saw others coming back from it, I was disappointed I ordered fries. WHICH when I got them they were floppy, full of grease and cold. I went to the salad bar for some ranch and there was hair in the dressing...YUCK! My burger was not good at all. I suppose if you enjoy having a plate of grease served to you there may have been some appeal. Expensive for the quality. I need to mention that there was some guy in pajama pants hanging out and putting his diry hands in the ice to get some for his cup (didn't work there I hope in PJs) and he was coughing and sneezing all over the drinks...VERY unprofessional!! I called to complain and was told the owner was only available for a couple hours in the middle of the day, of course when I am at work. The lady said there wasn't a manager for me to speak to but she had worked there 20 years so she took half of my complaint before telling me she had to go as she had paying customers waiting. I even told her I would come here to let everyone know, she could have pretended to care. I am so disappointed we drove all the way to Hayward for lunch and this is what we got. I will NEVER go there and will tell everyone about the lack of service, quality and caring. Good day!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great burgers, nice salad bar, good steaks and giant shrimp.. Seasonally closed now. Will be waiting for the spring opening.....

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Nice family restuarant with a wonderful salad bar and good selection of choices.
We take a walk through Hayward and make certain we stop for a nice break and have a lovely relaxing meal on the patio.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went there for dinner over Labor Day weekend. We were a party of 11, so called ahead to make sure the could accommodate us. we had planned to go to Famous Dave's, but they had a 50 minute wait. We ate there on a Sunday nite around 6:30-7:00. We were seated immediately, in the very back of the restaurant. Curtains and decor are from the 1980's. our server was not was not too happy to serve us, he did not greet us, or offer water, etc. we did place a drink order, and it came quickly. Cost reasonable, a beer was $3.00. We ordered our food. Most of us had the salad bar with our meal, and it was a decent salad bar. The food came quickly afterward. The food was good, and we were not disappointed with it. The value was fair. Burger and fries was about $9.00. Other than the dated decor, the food was good.