Black's Cliff Resort
The Waters of Minocqua(Minocqua)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$98
Very Good 4/5
The Pointe Hotel & Suites(Minocqua)(Great Value!)
US$126
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Concord Inn(Minocqua)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$136
BestWestern.com
US$79
US$75
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
Aqua Aire Motel(Minocqua)(Great Value!)
US$69
QualityInn
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2011

While the weather on our recent trip was far from perfect we have no complaints about our stay here. Beautiful cabin-2 bedrooms, bath, large living area with great fireplace, room bathroom, large and modern kitchen with everything we needed. Never opened up the beautiful porch and too cold to try the famous swinging bed but the extra space would be wonderful if/when my husband and I return with our two kids. Appreciated the choice of games and books-I got whupped at Trivial Pursuit on our last night. Out the back we had a picnic table, charcoal grill, 2 adirondack chairs, and a fire pit-none of which really got any use due to the weather but would have loved to make use of them. Firewood is provided, as is the serene setting, view of the gorgeous lake, eagle sightings, and cries of the two loons that occupy the lake. Fishing was ok-couple of bass and pike, no elusive muskies, but feel the sudden cold snap affected fishing conditions. Easy drive into Minocqua for shopping, dining, and night life but far enough away to really feel "up north".

All in all, would highly recommend, price was on par with other resorts and appropriate for the value we received, and we hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Only possible downfall to some would be that the cabins are up on the hill-need to walk a well manicured path/staircase down to the lake. No problem for most folks but would be for say, my mother.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank librarychick
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Had a great long weekend. Our first stay here,we loved it and will return. Comfortable, clean, and pet-friendly!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SteveB092
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed for a long week-end at the Red Pine Lodge, owned and run by Blacks Cliff Resort. We were a family group of six adults and one ten year old. We really enjoyed the home (it is more a vacation home than a cabin) and had a great time (except for the weather, but no one can control that!). The cabin was very roomy, and we had more than enough space for everyone. We were not expecting, and did not fnd, Ritz Carlton level accomodations, but we found a nice, comfortable, enjoyable home with everything we needed. We had a private boat dock, with a canoe, row boat, and paddle boat all to ourselves (life vests were provided). There is a nice firepit near the house, and a sandbox for the younger crowd. The kitchen had all the necessary utensils, with appliances in good shape. There is a deck off the living/dining rooms, with a charcoal grill (bring your own charcoal). The basement rooms smelled a little musty due to dampness, but there is an anti-humidfier running and the ones who slept down there said they had no problems with the odor or dampness.
Overall the beds were reasonably comfortable, with plenty of blankets, pillows, and dressers/chests for the clothes. One very minor complaint is that the living room only had sitting space for six, so if everyone was watching the tv we had to bring in chairs. The tv is a new flat screen with a sufficient amount of channels available. There is a garage, but the resort uses it for storage so plan on keeping your vehicles outside. The walk down to the dock is fairly steep but there are stairs. If anyone has mobility problems, I would not recommend the house because of the stairs inside and the stairs down to the water. For the average person this is no problem.
The home is down the road from the resort, and you can use the resort facilities if you wish. In order to walk there, you need to walk down to the main road and then walk along that road (about 1/4 mile) - or paddle over there. We rented a pontoon boat for half a day and enjoyed it. The rental seemed a bit pricey but I do not know the going rate in Wisc. so it might be the norm. We used the boat more than the alloted four hours, but the owners graciously said we could keep the boat as long as we wanted for the half day charge.
When we left we said we would definitely consider staying here again, although we probably would fish elsewhere as the fishing was terrible (maybe due to the weather?). The home next to us also looked very nice as well. In my opinion, I would not want to stay with more than our 7 people, even though the home would hold more. Seven seemed about the max that I think we would be comfortable with, although if there were some small children maybe 8 or 9 would be ok.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, and/or are sharing like we did, I recommend the private homes over the resort as cabins are close together
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Phoenix_dream
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I've been vacationing at Blacks Cliff for about 8 years now. Blacks Cliff to me is the Northwoods. I couldn't imagine staying at any other place. There is a nice beach area for kids to play and adults to read. Nice quiet lake. The swing beds on the screen porches make a perfect place to take an afternoon nap or read a book. I would highly recommend Blacks Cliff to anyone wanting a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank FunILVacationer
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We recently returned home from another great stay at Black's Cliff Resort in Hazelhurst. My family and I have been going there for almost 12 years and each time we always have a terrific stay. The accommodations are excellent and Jenny and Troy are the most accommodating people I know. It's a very friendly atmosphere. We enjoy staying ther so much that we now go there 4 times a year. It's a great place to relax and the scenery any time of year is fantastic, which is why I check Jenny's Blog every day. I would definitely recommend Black's Cliff to anyone who wants great accommodations in the Northwoods and well maintained cabins of any size. It's just a great place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family