“Excellent resort to vacation at for the Northwoods feel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hazelhurst
Black's Cliff Resort
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I've been vacationing at Blacks Cliff for about 8 years now. Blacks Cliff to me is the Northwoods. I couldn't imagine staying at any other place. There is a nice beach area for kids to play and adults to read. Nice quiet lake. The swing beds on the screen porches make a perfect place to take an afternoon nap or read a book. I would highly recommend Blacks Cliff to anyone wanting a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank FunILVacationer
There are newer reviews for Black's Cliff Resort

Reviewed 8 December 2010

We recently returned home from another great stay at Black's Cliff Resort in Hazelhurst. My family and I have been going there for almost 12 years and each time we always have a terrific stay. The accommodations are excellent and Jenny and Troy are the most accommodating people I know. It's a very friendly atmosphere. We enjoy staying ther so much that we now go there 4 times a year. It's a great place to relax and the scenery any time of year is fantastic, which is why I check Jenny's Blog every day. I would definitely recommend Black's Cliff to anyone who wants great accommodations in the Northwoods and well maintained cabins of any size. It's just a great place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank northwoodsnut
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Over the last 5 years I have used this resort both as a personal get away and with family and friends especially for Beerfest. The owners have always been super accomodating no matter how large or small a group we are. It is close to Minocqua's activities, yet away from the large vacation crowds. I especially enjoy their dog Poe, who seems to like to check in with me to just say hi are you doing ok. To keep enjoying the northern activities I rely on Jenny's blog, gives me a sense of peace and fun, even when I am working hard in Chicago!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meerkat114
Reviewed 24 November 2010

It has been over 12 years since I first came to Black's Cliff. It was a recommendation from a co-worker who knew the challenge of finding a resort that accepted dogs. I have been back every year since then visiting with a group of friends in the winter and often returning in the fall. The cabins are very clean and have well equipped kitchens, a good thing since we often stay in and cook to enjoy the cabin. Its great knowing beforehand the quality of the cabin we will have. The owners are very friendly and available for any questions or concerns but leave you to yourselves to enjoy the resort.

Reviewed 24 November 2010

I've been staying there with family for a little over a decade. The cabins are clean and well maintained. The smell of the pine trees is great and the lake is very picturesque. A pair of loons nest on the lake every year and are often seen and heard. Other wildlife that are often seen include herons, otters, bald eagles, pileated woodpeckers, and deer. Jenny and Troy are gracious hosts and are always available, if needed. If you're looking to get away from it all, this is the place. If you like biking, a state bike trail is within two miles of the resort and can be ridden into Minocqua.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank blueslover67
Reviewed 22 November 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay while visiting Northern Wisconsin. I have gone with friends for the past 10 years in the Winter months. The cabins are easy to relax in, cozy and warm with natural fireplaces. The location is exceptional, allowing access to outdoor activities, (skiing, snowshoeing, hiking), amazing scenery and wildlife .
Our accommodations have always been as expected, great!
The owners are warm, welcoming and at hand in any situation. I know we will be returning as it is an annual outing, Black's Cliff is our Winter tradition.

1  Thank Margee1952
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Yearly, my friends & I spend a winter vacation at Black's Cliff. We cross country ski, snow shoe and enjoy the cozy cabins. My family & I have also visited Black's in the Fall -- equally as lovely. The resort's atmosphere is one of warm hospitality and fun. Highly recommend Black's Cliff!

1  Thank etole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelhurst
AmericInn Minocqua
#2 of 8 in Rhinelander
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 7 in Minocqua

Been to Black's Cliff Resort? Share your experiences!