“Nice and peacefull place”

Sea Breeze Hotel Apartments
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Agios Emilianos
Reviewed 4 July 2013

What a decent, relaxing and peaceful place to stay!

The sea view is superb and it's location by the end of a village road makes it the perfect retreat for a quiet holiday. Rooms are spacious and very clean and the nice apartment terrace is offering stunning views over Kalimassia- Kataractis bay.

The lady who is running the place is very warm and helpful, you will meet her smile every single morning at breakfast time.

Do not miss Meltemaki's restaurant in nereby Kataraktis village.

Thank you Sea Breeze hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank stoicescu_a

Reviewed 31 August 2012

The hotel is 100 times better than in the website photos. The view is remarkable, the rooms are very spacious, breakfast is great, and there is a perfect beach just in 2 mins walking distance where you very often can be alone, which is great.
There are no mosquitoes, it is very calm, I loved it!
Just three remarks:
the owner is very helpful during breakfast but I sometimes felt under pressure when filling my plate because she was always there (this is good and bad in the same time), as if counting the things I put in my plate.
There are blinders in the bedroom but not in the living room, so if you want to sleep until late without sunlight, you can only sleep in the room.
The use of the swimming pool is allowed until 18.30 pm, I would like to be able to use it until 21.00 as in other hotels I have been.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank pipos
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Here's the thing we found out about Chios - you need to really spend more than a couple of days here to really appreciate it. When my husband and I arrived here, we couldn't rent any vehicles due to the strict enforcement of needing an international driver's license. Unfortunately, we found out the hard way that you really need some wheels to do justice to your visit here. And taxis are too expensive - getting to and from the port city cost us between 16 and 19 Euros the two times we took them. Yikes!

There is a little town (by little, I mean TINY) about a ten minute walk away by the beach that has a mini mart and 4 or so eateries, as well as a crowded beach with rentable chairs and umbrellas. Or, you could just stick the the relatively empty and peaceful pebble beach below the apartment complex. The pool area is really nice, but there were hornets everywhere!

Our room was nice and sufficed for the two nights we stayed. In our budget apartment we had a small, but stocked kitchen. The shower was tiny but I was very pleased with the great water pressure. The bed was a disappointment - two twins stuck together to make a double...kind of a nuisance. There also was a horrible stench that came and went - we weren't sure if it was sewage or what, but as we were packing up to leave, we found some OLD and STINKY men's dress socks in the bedside table drawer that had not been discovered for who knows how long!

The woman who runs Sea Breeze is exceptional. She is quite kind, and remarkable in all that she does. A decent breakfast is provided each morning, and she also runs the reception, mini-mart (on grounds, so you don't have to leave if you need something like a water bottle or travel deodorant), as well as a cafe! We had to cancel one of the three nights we had initially booked after finding out the ferry schedule couldn't get us from Samos to Chios by the necessary date, so we had to forfeit one night (there is a 100% no refund policy....a pity!). I had written the owner a month in advance, when I found out about the timing snafu, and never received a response. In any case, no refunds means no refunds, so make sure your agenda is all set before you book!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have found plenty of hotels through tripadvisor, but this is the first time I've actually gone to the trouble of writing a review. That's how much we loved this hotel. Another reviewer is right: the pictures don't do justice. The apartments are spacious, everything clean and new, and tastefully and simply decorated. The grounds were beautiful, with fantastic views of the sea and roses, jasmine, and other flowers in the gardens. It was quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was excellent. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Two minutes away is a quiet beach with clear, aquamarine waters. A ten minute walk up the beach, and you reach a small town with a more lively beach, a few bars and restaurants (we recommend the Twins--it was excellent).

The only complaints I have is that the housekeeping was not the most thorough (although I am picky--they got the basics done: beds made, toilets scrubbed), and sometimes there wasn't hot water during the day. But in Greece in the summer, you don't really mind. As another poster said, the beds were a bit hard, but I like a good, firm mattress, so that was fine with me.

If you are looking for a lively party scene, this is not the place. It is really quiet and peaceful, but then, that's exactly what we wanted. It is a good place for families, and also for a romantic getaway. Also, there are a LOT of stairs, so it wouldn't be suitable for someone who had a hard time with stairs. The beach is a pebble beach, which, if you are used to sand, can be an adjustment. On the plus side, no annoying sand constantly being tracked into your room. Our son loved playing with the pebbles.

In short, we LOVED this hotel. Cannot recommend it enough.

Room Tip: If you get a room with a view, you get a lovely spacious balcony with a truly amazing view. If you d...
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank christinarossetti
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Avoid this hostel. Here is the experience I had with them :
I booked for three nights overthere and had to pay for a caution. Then, they told me the price was 15 euros higher than the price announced. When I wanted my money back, I had to send 4 emails before getting an answer, and in this answer, they just told me "stop dreaming Sir"..
I do not recommand this place !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Arnaud F
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My friend and I were on Lesvos for a week and then went to Chios. We liked Chios so much more than Lesvos!! It's lovely and charming with more of a romantic European flair than Lesvos. Cypress trees abound, lovely landscape, more tasteful towns (less tour travel touristy than Lesvos).

Part of the reason we liked Chios as much as we did was the location of the Sea Breeze Apartments. It's located near the end of a relatively untraveled secondary road, just a 25 minute walk uphill to the quaint, quiet town of Kallamasia and a 10 minute walk from the charming seaside town of Agios Emilianos. We like to walk hills, so we would make the 25 minute walk into Kallamasia everyday (it's all uphill and rather steep) for exercise and also walk to Agios Emilianos to visit Splash cafe and bar which offers free wifi.

Things we liked about Sea Breeze:
1. Location - quiet, with it's own beach and own pool. Within walking and driving distance of other quaint attractions. About a 30 minute drive from port city. You will want a car if you stay here, unless you plan on only staying on the beach and not exploring outside of immediate vicinity. It's a very quiet area.
2. Good breakfast buffet.
3. Clean rooms, tile floors, view of ocean. Relatively quiet (can hear neighbors but that's about it and bedrooms are on opposite sides of the floor so quiet sleeping.
4. Although there were children there, the place was not overrun by kids. We were a little worried that it would be too much of a "family" place. But that was not our experience.
5. Staff always on duty (except for late) and accessible. Rooms cleaned daily. We always felt safe about our belongings.
6. Mini-market, poolside food service, room service with limited menu
7. Lots of hills for walking. If you have problems walking and don't have a car this is probably not the location for you. The hills are very steep.

Drawbacks:
1. Internet was 4 euros an hour... Owner volunteered to let us pay 2 euros an hour. We had had only free internet in Greece up until that point and even after in Athens at the Electra Palace the cost was 5 euros for 3 hours or a flat rate per day. We though the Internet cost was exorbitant so went to a near by free wifi cafe.
2. Beds and pillows are extremely hard. The hardest of all the places we stayed in Greece. My friend had a neck problem and had a very hard time of it.

Overall the Sea Breeze was clean, quiet and a pleasant place to stay for people who like to walk hills or people with a car who don't mind navigating some steep narrow hills. The owner was nice and friendly. Would avoid if you are not ok with very very hard beds. It's not luxury accommodation, just good, mid-price accommodation. Would highly recommend for a quiet, mid-price Chios vacation base.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade or travel at not busy time.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank vtgirltravels
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for. Quiet, far from the nightlife with beautiful seaview. Lots of artworks on the walls, clean and cool bedrooms. Cleaning was more accurate than in a 4-5 stars hotel.

Unfortunately the swimming pool has closed at 19:00 (as I remember), but we could accept this. Some days my chlidren were in the pool from morning to evening.

The bar at the pool offers not too varied food, just "snacks" and ice creams. However it was enough for us. There is a small food store in one building where we could buy bread, milk, etc.

We have booked an apartment with 3 bedrooms, living room and two bathrooms: I estimated it to 80-100 square meters.

The staff was very sweet, we were talking with them a lot (everyone speaks English, including the cleanup ladies) We were also talking with the owner (manager?) Michalis, and I have to say I found out lots of interesting things about Greece and Chios from him. That is why I really like this kind of small family hotels.

Michalis has offered some good restaurants on the island, and their suggestions were always good. He did not know too much about the good beaches, so we have discovered the coast. Finally we decided that Lithi's beach was the best.

If you stay here I suggest to rent a car or travel with your own car. The ferry boat between Athens and Piraeus is one of the fastests on the Aegean sea, only 5-6 hours traveling (Nissos Chios ferry boat). Without car it is very difficult to discover the island's beauties.

The road to the hotel is picturesque and adventurous. For first sight a little bit dangerous, but after the third time it was OK.

Staff, location, accomodation: everything was better than I have expected. I recommend to families with small children, and do not forget to have a car.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Ai Yannis Suites and Apartments Hotel
Chios Chandris Hotel
Chios Chandris Hotel
#2 of 7 in Chios Town

Been to Sea Breeze Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!