“Honest, reliable & welcoming”

Prairie Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holmen
westhills
“Honest, reliable & welcoming”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

On our second visit to the Prairie Inn & Suites we were greeted with the same wonderful service, cleanliness and comfort we found the on our first visit. But this time we were even more impressed by the sheer honesty and respect we received! I called 2 days after our stay to inquiry after items I had mistakenly left in a draw in our room (including an ipod and other electronic devices!). I was relieved immediately with, "Oh, yes we have those things here at the front desk and will put them safely away for you to pick up"! You can imagine my relief and renewal of belief in human kindness and honesty. Thank you Prairie Inn staff for another wonderful visit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank laura g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The location was perfect as I was attending an event in Holmen but its close enough to LaCrosse to attend events there as well. Pros: Very reasonably priced. Super comfortable bed and I'm very particular, large bathroom, clean, friendly staff, free breakfast and fast food at the doorstep. Cons: Slightly off the beaten path, no warm breakfast items, only two thin pillows provided, minimal amenties, no elevator to the second floor and no pool. As I travel frequently for business, I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. Overall, this is a good buy for the money.

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank TravelinCPA
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We look forward to visiting our family when we come up for the July festival. We know the Prairie Inn is going to be clean and the staff is great along with the location. We travel alot throughout the year but this is by far the best place we have stayed at. We have become regulars since they have opened the doors, every July. Great job :) See ya soon!

Room Tip: Ask for the 1st floor if you can't climb steps
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank intheyard2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 October 2010

With most of the hotels in tyhe area fully booked or with very high rates, we were lucky to find the Prairie Inn & Suites from a recommendation of a UW Lacrosse student. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was very clean and quiet. We slept well and everything is only minutes away. The price was a steal and the facility is rather new (built in 2005).
Next time we will book early, because this hotel stays booked.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank coachpate
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 September 2010

What a great hotel. The room was spotless, warm and inviting. The desk clerk was very friendly, you just can't beat this place, I was impressed!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank peace1126
streamwood, il
Reviewed 25 October 2008

Stayed here on recommedation of residents of the town of Holmen where the hotel is located. This hotel is very, very CLEAN! That is something I really like when looking for a place to stay. We stayed there one night and would highly recommend this hotel. Beds, towels, sheets were all nice. The whole look of the hotel is very pleasing to the eye, nice lobby too! They serve a breakfast in the morning which was adequate, nothing special. One thing I think they should add is wireless internet. The staff was efficient but not super friendly, never a greeting when we came in the lobby or left. The hotel is very close to LaCrosee where there are lots of restuarants and bars. If you are looking for a clean above average hotel in this area this is the place for you.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — Staff could have been more friendly, no wireless internet.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mtcpetersen
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 9 July 2008

My wife, three year old daughter, and myself stayed here for one night on our way to South Dakota.

This hotel is clean, the staff is friendly -- and honest. The clerk had trouble with my credit card when I checked in and moved me to a different room. Unknown to me, the new room was cheaper and when I checked out the following morning, the clerk reduced my rate.

The breakfast was good and there was plenty of food.

The location was convenient as well -- a couple of miles north of I-90 -- right next to highway 53.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No pool.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank virgilfox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmen
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Onalaska
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Baymont Inn & Suites La Crosse/Onalaska
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Express Suites Riverport Conference and Event Center

Been to Prairie Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!