“Charming home with delicious breakfasts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Horicon
Honeybee Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Horicon B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Charming home with delicious breakfasts”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This turn of the century home is welcoming from the minute you walk in and the innkeepers are wonderful. It has been meticulously cared for and updated with modern amenties such as whirlpool baths and decadent showers. King bed in our room was luxuriously soft and original tile fireplace mantel was gorgoues. The breakfasts were some of the best we've had in our many, many B&B stays. The quiet beauty of the Horicon Marsh and its abundant wildlife - cranes, white pelicans, yellow-headed blackbirds, deer, beaver, and thousands of ducks and geese, was just what we needed for a weekend away.

Room Tip: The Queen Bee Victorian is the biggest room, with whirlpool bath, large multi-jet shower and a share...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sussex
Reviewed 13 June 2012

From the moment you are greeted at the door your names on a chalkboard to the warm handshake of the innkeepers, you realize this is a special place. It's like stepping back in time into a freshly cleaned home that sparkles with character, bright welcoming touches and romantic rooms. Ours had a large queen bed, whirlpool, window seat overlooking the neighborhood, delicious chocolates by the bed, a fireplace and sparkling bathroom. Breakfast was several courses of wonderful fruit, apple fritters and an out-of-this world french pecan toast. Our hosts gave great recommendations for a nearby dinner, a pontoon tour through the marsh and some history on their beautiful b&b. No surprise the Honeybee Inn is a top rated B&B in Wisconsin and across the Midwest. We'll be back to this true gem on the Horicon Marsh.

Room Tip: Look at their website. Choose the room style for you. All are very nice, extremely comfortable bed...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dubuque
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We visited with friends to enjoy the Horicon Marsh in celebration of birthdays. First day, strong storms and cold. Second day, even colder. But we still had a great time. We were so glad we chose the Honeybee Inn. It was warm and comfortable and just what we all needed for a great getaway. Other family members plan to go there after our experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a very comfortable stay at the Honeybee Inn recently, in the charming little town of Horicon, Wi. The Inn is in impeccable shape and hard to believe it was originally built in 1902. We had never stayed at a B&B with only 4 rooms before, so we had some concerns, but wanted to be close to our visit to the Horicon Marsh. We were pleasantly surprised at how they have incorporated so many modern amenities with the charm of an older home. Our room had a huge two person shower with several jets from both ends and a rain shower overhead. A large jetted tub was also in the room, though we sadly ran out of time to use it ( a reason to return) The room was super clean, down to every detail, including the balcony furniture. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room also included a wood burning fireplace complete with a log. Every little detail was thought of, including recent DVD collections, fridge with water outside your door, wine glasses and corkscrew, and Flavia single cup coffee/tea/cocoa maker. The breakfast served by Fred and Barb in the morning was delicious, but I had to loosen my belt afterwards. Good reason to visit the marsh and walk it off:) We will definitely return next time we are visiting the marsh.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Honeybee Inn is truly one of the experiences that you really MUST treat yourself to during your lifetime. Call it a "bucket list" essential! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this "Historic" Inn. The ambience starts as soon as you enter, and sets the tone for a wonderfully relaxing and spiritually invigorating stay. I can see why it was voted one of the Nation's TOP B & B's in U.S.!
With a background in architecture, I am astonished at the quality and preservation of this period home, and it's characteristically perfect feature wood elements: The mantels, which are decorated by the innkeeper Barb's simple but glamourously rich decorations, are absolutely stunning and gorgeous; the trim and crown moldings are luxurious, and the built-in buffet in the cozy dining room is really lovey, and hosts a selection of tasty teas and coffee for your breakfast delight.
The Innkeeper's Barb and Fred Ruka are gracious hosts who have seemingly gone to great lengths to ensure the comfort of their guests.
The rooms are located on the second level, after a simple climb up a stunning grand staircase, decked out in warm and welcoming wood, with a landing that presents an incredible "must see" stained glass window wall, which casts a soothing and glorious light for the eyes to behold.
My room was meticulously adorned, very comfortable with a feather bed, soft comforter, smooth ironed linens and all the amenities of the big hotels chains, where I normally stay.
I didn't see a thing out of place and the entire Inn is spotless and meticulously clean. I'll have to go back to find out what they use on their wood to keep it so rich and luxurious.
I'll definitely go back for the atmosphere, and for sure the breakfast, which is incredibly tasty and perfectly balanced. The juice of my choice was keep filled and I enjoyed a fresh fruit, granola and yogurt "appetizer", with a monterey jack, ham and egg creation that was out of this world. I also enjoyed the hand-crafted Wisconsin sausage links that were not only delicious but gave me the protein that I needed for my busy day!
This is by far one of the best places I've stayed in my lifetime of travel. Now I wish I could transport the Honeybee to all the other locations that I must travel to in the course of my work.....wait, I think not, as the Honeybee Inn is a DESTINATION unto itself!!!
I highly endorse and fully support this glorious Historic Inn and can't wait to visit again! "I'll "BEE" Back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband and I wanted a nice getaway for our 30th anniversary in January and remembered the Honeybee Inn. Good choice! We went there once before and loved it. We cozied up in our clean and quiet "Queen Bee" room utilizing the roomy whirlpool, multi-spray shower and the DVR. Everything was warm and comfortable once again. The breakfast was incredible and Barb was kind enough to make our requested (to die for) pineapple in maple cream sauce that we remembered from last time. YUM! This time we just snuggled up in our room, but next time we want to come at a time of year when we can take the marsh cruise Barb and Fred told us so much about.

Room Tip: If you want the best room in the HoneyBee Inn, the Queen Bee is very luxurious with large hot tub, m...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I don't usually frequent B&B's as we prefer the animosity and cleanliness of a top rated hotel. We decided to give Honeybee Inn a shot for our anniversary. We thought it would be romantic and different than our normal getaways. Boy are we glad we did!

We stayed in the Lodge (or something like that) and found it incredibly cozy and clean. We had a chance to check out the other rooms and we were happy with our choice. It reminded us of a warm cabin in the way it was decorated. The bathroom and room were spotless - putting our minds at ease regarding cleanliness. (And let me tell you, we are super OCD about cleanliness!)

After reading the last review prior to writing this review, I want to say that the breakfast was rich. Rich and amazing! We usually eat lighter but we were splurging! This was our anniversary and figured we would enjoy ourselves. And boy are we glad we did! I'm not kidding, best breakfast we've had in a long time. (Although, if you have any food issues, the innkeeper did tell us that as long as you let them know ahead of time, they are more than happy to accomodate.)

We didn't venture out too much from the inn. We had a massage in the massage room. Again, super relaxing. But we plan on coming back and checking out some of the local tourist spots. The innkeepers gave us lots of information on the little town and the marsh. I think we may return in the late summer and take the boat tour.

All in all, we were super pleased that we decided to give a B&B a chance - especially this B&B. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you want a jacuzzi tub, make sure you let them know. Two rooms have one and two rooms don't.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horicon
The Audubon Inn
The Audubon Inn
#1 of 1 in Mayville
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Beaver Dam
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun
Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford

Been to Honeybee Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!