“Excellent Breakfast & Up to date Rooms”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Horicon
Honeybee Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Horicon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Excellent B & B if you are birding Horicon Marsh.

Pros: Comfortable bed, modern shower, excellent breakfast, nice Flavia coffee and tea machine outside in upstairs hallway. Reasonable rates. Very clean.
Cons: Needs to get rid of all the tacky little items in the rooms like the doily covered Kleenex box and the m & ms. Few decent restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2013

WE spent Fourth of July Weekend at the Honeybee Inn and it was wonderful. Our room, the Victorian Queenbee was great. Spacious and very clean. We enjoyed the balcony very much. The breakfasts were fantastic. The house was beautifully decorated and the yard was full of flowers. The fresh baked cookies every night were a treat. We would love to spend a weekend at the Honeybee Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Historic house, clean, good bed, tasty breakfast.
Krueger coffee machine makes decent coffee. but powdered "creamer" is just not acceptable. And then, when I went downstairs with an empty cup and just asked for some milk, she said she was too busy. Not what I expected.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DesignGreen
Derfnikody, Owner at Honeybee Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

I'm sorry, but I never heard of a Krueger Coffee machine. Our coffee machine up by the guest rooms is a Flavia Machine. The reason we have a powdered creamer up there, is because a fresh dairy creamer would go bad if left out. We do have half and half downstairs during coffee service at breakfast time. This guest came down very early asking for milk. I did say I would get it in a couple minutes as I was at a critical point of making breakfast. It was out within five minutes. They then got their coffee and were doing yoga in the middle of the living room. I fail to see why she is upset. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband & I shared our 39th Anniversary at the Honeybee Inn and enjoyed every minute of it. Barb and Fred go out of their way to make you happy. Their Inn is a very quaint Victorian that is spacious and beautifully decorated. Our room was very nice and comfy. Cleanliness is the utmost. My husband would have liked to have the major cable channels but I didn't fret because the video library was very extensive and up to date. Breakfasts were very delicious and pleasing. Make sure to book the massage, it's well worth it! If you want a peaceful, relaxing and private getaway, this is the place to come to. We plan to be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Like a lot of B&B's in the Midwest, this one is filled with heavy, oak furniture and Victoriana. Is this your taste, awesome. If not, you may find the atmosphere oppressive. However, I must say this place is spic and span.

I guess the breakfast was not really to our tastes either-- full of salty, fatty meats, cheese, and oily potatoes.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Fussy_Janet
Derfnikody, Owner at Honeybee Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

This review really puzzles me as we really do not even have a true Victorian atmosphere. All our furniture was bought new when the Inn opened, so none is vintage Victorian. Our inn was designed and decorated by an interior designer, and over the years we have received nothing but compliments on our tasteful, clean and uncluttered decor. We do want to thank you for the comment on our cleanliness. And we are very sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast of hot Cherry-apple soup, Nueske's sausage (the best!), homemade hash brown potatoes, and our Charleston Breakfast Casserole. Our food consistently receives raves, and we're sorry it wasn't food you enjoy. We do hope you'll give us another try and please let us know in advance what type of breakfast you'd like and we would be happy to accommodate you.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Another totally awesome weekend. This time we were in the Queen Bee. We would recommend it highly. This is our favorite B&B in Wisconsin or anywhere. The breakfasts are fantastic and Inn is a joy. I cannot a better place for a cozy getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank impster10
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I lead very hectic lives with a big family and both working full time. We wanted our 10 year Anniversary weekend to be relaxing and romantic. I did some research and decided we would try a Bed & Breakfast. I read the reviews on quite a few of them and decided the Honeybee would be our choice. We were both SO GLAD we did. The home is gorgeous, immaculate, elegant, relaxing, welcoming and yet we felt at home. Our room was so cozy and romantic we didn't want to check out after our 3 day stay. Everything was perfect down to the smallest details. The breakfast was so yummy, even the chilled glasses and Anniversary plates were a special touch. I personally loved the coffee maker in the hallway with so many choices of flavors... I was like a kid in a candy store. (who cares I was so wired from caffeine the first night I couldn't fall asleep until after 1 a.m. lol)Barb even thought to get my diabetic husband sugar free chocolates. We HIGHLY recommend Honeybee Inn and have told numerous friends about it already.
Treat yourself..... you won't regret going here!!!
Thank you Barb and Fred, you made our anniversary awesome!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeanettenEric

Been to Honeybee Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!