“Breathtaking View”
Review of Holy Hill

Holy Hill
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Hubertus
More attraction details
Owner description: This shrine sits atop a 1,350 foot tall hill, offering panoramic views of the surrounding area.
St. Louis, Missouri
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Breathtaking View”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We visited when the fall colors were just turning. The views from the bascilica were breathtaking. The church interior and even the chapel are quite beautiful. We stayed for a Mass and then visited the gift shop.

One can take the elevator from the gift shop up to the Bascilica, but you have to walk an additional 178 stairs to see the view from the church's towers. I imagine it can get crowded in the tower on a beautiful fall day, but the views from the Bascilica's base are equally good. You can even see the Milwaukee skyline on clear days!!!

I highly recommend a trip up.

Wisconsin
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice visit on an autumn weekend”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had the same idea as several hundred others... to go see the leaves from the top of the tower at Holy Hill. It took about an hour to make it to the top as the line moved slowly. The view from the top was worth the wait. If you are claustrophobic, be aware the staircase is very narrow at points. Traffic going up and down must use the same 178 steps, which makes it seem even more narrow. Overall, I was more impressed with the basilica and would make the trip again to celebrate a Mass there.

Madison, Wisconsin
“inspirational setting but food in the cafe was awful”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My cousin and I went to Holy Hill for the day. The leaves were turning and the setting of the basilica is very lovely. The church is impressive and very well maintained. We visited Holy Hill as children and were not disappointed by our return visit with one exception. We ate at the café after our pilgrimage. The food was awful. My grilled cheese sandwich came on soggy bread as did my cousin's sandwich. I didn't think you could wreck grilled cheese. I ordered a bowl of chili. It was cold and after I had it warmed, it wasn't any better. It had a funny, sour taste. I ate very little of it but still have heart burn. The potato chips which accompanied the sandwiches were stale. The café was almost empty. I can understand why. I will definitely come back to Holy Hill but I will definitely not be eating at the café.

Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Interesting Place to Visit”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I loved visiting this place. The church was very beautiful. I found out later on you can spend the night which my mom and I ended up doing since we spent the whole day there and didn't feel like making the three hour drive home. The room was very basic with no T.V. and phone. If you needed to use a house phone it was out in the hallway. The room was clean. The area was quiet. Sunday mass was quite nice. I would definitely visit again.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank DianaK1
Tallahassee, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this place while visiting the area. Absolutely beautiful. The church itself is amazing, but so is the setting. Many wonderful spots to stop and pray and contemplate. Value was unbeatable since everything was free.

Visited September 2013