“Beautiful Church and Amazing Views of the Surrounding Area”
Review of Holy Hill

Holy Hill
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Hubertus
More attraction details
Owner description: This shrine sits atop a 1,350 foot tall hill, offering panoramic views of the surrounding area.
Burlington, Wisconsin
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Beautiful Church and Amazing Views of the Surrounding Area”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been coming to Holy Hill every year since I was a kid. I always enjoy taking a pilgrimage to the beautiful grounds of Holy Hill near Hubertus, WI. It is about a 1 hour drive for me, but it is well worth it. I love the area of southeast WI in which Holy Hill stands. It is in the midst of the Kettle Moraine Forest, and the entire area with its small towns is gorgeous. I recently took my latest annual trip to Holy Hill. The parking lot was quite full on this summer weekday, but it really did not seem too crowded once I walked in. I enjoy the quiet serenity of being inside the church. It really gives you a chance to think and pray in a peaceful environment. I always feel renewed in body, mind, and spirit after spending time quietly reflecting in the church. I did not climb to the top of the tower this time, but it was open. I do enjoy the expansive views of the surrounding area from the deck near the church. I briefly visited the gift shop during this visit, but I did not buy anything. The staff in there always seem friendly and helpful. I did not eat in the café either, but that was open as well. Overall, I had another enlightening visit to Holy Hill. I love the opportunity to let go of all your worries and cares and think about the blessings you have when coming to Holy Hill. I always feel so refreshed and renewed as I leave Holy Hill. It gives me the strength I need to face anything that might be making me anxious, nervous, or uneasy. I would definitely recommend a trip to Holy Hill to anyone in the area. You probably will not spend more than an hour or 2 here, but it is a great way to take a break from all the stresses of today's world for a little while. Can't wait to go back next year.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mark E

Maricopa, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Basilica”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A must see if you are in the area for Christians and non-Christians alike. There is a gift shop, café, outdoor Stations of the Cross, and various other things to do and see.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Quiet_Night
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Stunning - a must see and visit!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Daughter and I went to spend a Saturday together at Holy Hill! The grounds are stunning - so much to see and hike around! The church itself is gorgeous and as an photographer, I couldn't get enough. The church bells were the most entertaining for my 9 year old! Only grip, other then the bookstore that had some snack items, the food area didn't accept credit or debit and we had no cash on us to have lunch there, but you could easily pack your own lunch and picnic on the grounds.

Visited May 2013
Waukesha, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“This is a Church and a Monistary”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is a beautiful old church. It is still active and has regular mass and reconciliation. The place has a cafe serving sandwiches and comfort food buffet style. There is a great Catholic gift shop with statues, medallions, a large book selection and a children's section.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank CaptainOzone
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Feels like Europe.”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Ok, never been to Europe, but I imagine it to be like this. Stately. Beautifully crafted. Statuesque. Views are amazing, climb the steps already. . Quirky gift shop.

Visited October 2013

Been to Holy Hill? Share your experiences!