“Nice value”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Du Quoin
“Nice value”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Just a one night stay near the end of a long road trip. Clean, decent breakfast, good price for the area. Would stay here again. Nothing fancy but more than adequate and just what we needed for the night.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bsknees

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Taylor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel was clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable also. The pillows were a bit small, but we each had two of them and I shook them out to fluff them up so they seemed more like a rectangular shape rather than a square like they first appeared to be. The room wasn't huge but adequate. The price was reasonable. Continental breakfast was good, danishes, muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit and waffles you could make yourself. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pegleg63
Bayern
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This Quality Inn is my favorite place in Hudson. The hotel staff is very friendly, all public areas and the rooms are extremly clean. Rooms are not that spacious but okay. Every room is equipped with a new fridge now. Bed is very comfortable.
If you are looking for a negatvie thing the only I can think of is maybe the aircondition. It is pretty old and a little noisy when running. But it will do its job very good.
I will definetly come back here the next time I will be in Hudson

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - even those facing the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank uglyone2002
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

Booked a night here for $58 and was pleased with the room. Nothing spectacular but for $58 it'd be hard to find a nicer hotel. Only problem I had was the water in the shower occasionally changing from hot to cold but that wasn't really a big deal for me.

Will continue to stay here when I'm in the area if the price continues to beat the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank David J
ynotbloom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife and I were traveling with a companion and 8 teenage girls (6 from Germany!) on a Mall Of America excursion. Hudson was our "base of operations" for two days. We went 2 star mostly for the location and price. It is not what I expected! Staff were very personable and friendly (if you read enough of my reviews, you know that is paramount to me, where ever I stay). Rooms were very nice, comfortable, and clean, free of any insect signs. Bedding was very comfortable. Public areas were clean and inviting. Breakfast was up to par with some 2.5 and a couple of 3.0 star places I have stayed. Only ding I could give would be the milk was very cool (vs COLD), but then we were one of the last ones to Bfast most of the time, and that taken into consideration - everything was more than acceptable. Is located just down the road from gas stations, food shopping mall, and restaurants. The only noise we heard all night were our girls - which was put to sunder with a single "GO TO BED" order from yours truly! The price savings and easy drive to The Cities made this location prefect for our trip. We will most likely be using it again on future Cities Metro area trips.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ynotbloom
Marshall, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have stayed in many hotels across the world and for some reason I was extremely impressed with this one.

Nice location - back away from all the traffic and noise of the major interstate that runs through Hudson.

Friendly staff at check in - nice rooms.

My favorite part of this hotel was that it had a really nice pool area. Huge hot-tub.

Breakfast was great - I really don't have anything bad to say about this hotel which doesn't happen very often.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family