“Long wait, with no apparent reason. (Lunchtime)”
Review of Shanghai Bistro

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shanghai Bistro
Ranked #51 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Has a page on Facebook.
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Long wait, with no apparent reason. (Lunchtime)”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This place was mediocre at best when I had it before, but went back to try another menu item. After waiting over 45min watching people who arrived long after us get their food, I just left. Terrible service, the server didn't even offer the soup that was supposed to come with their lunch meal. Will not be back and would suggest anyone in the mood for Chinese find a different place.

• Visited June 2013

Amery, Wisconsin
“It was delicious!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Take the Carmichael Rd. exit off of I-94. Go south on Carmichael Rd. The restaurant is down a block on the right. I went on a Sunday afternoon. It wasn't busy. Their appetizers were 1/2 price. I ordered 2 appetizers. It was delicious!

• Visited May 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Disappointed but ok”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We had high expectations for this restaurant based on prior positive reviews indicating that at that time, this was the best restaurant in Hudson. We didn't find that to be the case. Nice ambiance, nice lighting, nice live trio in the entryway. The egg foo yung was ok as was the fried rice, but my husband thought the pork "tasted and smelled funny." We never got sick though. My husband complained about his sesame chicken...the breading was soggy and not at all crunchy...too much sloppy sauce and not great flavor. I DID like that there were larger pieces of chicken and much less breading unlike many restaurants. My 8 year old liked the kids menu lo mein. The egg rolls were pretty good but not enough sweet and sour sauce. We will probably never go here again and stick with our favorite Chinese Restaurant off of White Bear Avenue. Long way from Hudson and much more expensive but very much worth it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank kbecerra
Spring Valley, Wisconsin
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Got takeout tonight. Mixed tempura which was missing the miso soup. Lettuce wrap that did not have the dressing and brown lettuce. The meat and veggies were supposed to be ground and the they are sloopy chunk chop and very greasy. This is not the first time I have been disappointed. The duck entree last time came with 5 inch pieces of meat in the whole dish. Definitely going back to the asian restaurant on the main drag.

• Visited March 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Mediocrity and bad service with a few flecks of decent.”
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I'll start on the good. Great crab Rangoon, good sushi rolls but not great. Decent portions on dinner entrees. I don't care for the strange lighting in the dining room..very fluorescent and the service is awful. I spent years as a service trainer service manager and this was not impressive. I do not consider this in my dining choices unless I am in the mood for some good crab Rangoon, which theirs is unique.