“WALLEYE DELIGHT”

Seasons Tavern
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Enjoy mouthwatering seafood, burgers, and soups at our neighborhood restaurant in North Hudson, Wisconsin. Seasons Tavern is a new family-friendly restaurant serving fresh fish and other fine food at prices you'll love as much as our food. Stop by our restaurant to try our fresh Walleye dishes or to meet up with friends for a drink.
Asheboro, North Carolina
“WALLEYE DELIGHT”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Small restaurant with cozy "northwoods lodge" atmosphere. Now that I don't live in WI anymore, a Friday night fish fry is a must when visiting. The walleye basket was delicious - fish hot and lightly breaded, good coleslaw and fries. My brother enjoyed the baked cod. We plan to return for the "Walleye Cakes Benedict" on the weekend brunch menu!

• Visited July 2013

New Brighton, Minnesota
“Breakfast Excellence”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My wife and I decided to try breakfast at Season's, we had heard good things. Well, the friends that recommended it were wrong. They said it was good...we found it to be great! My Cajun Benedict was the best I have ever had in the entire Twin City metro. And those Tavern Spuds? To die for! My wife had the freshest and most delicious multi-cheese omelet she has tried anywhere. Obviously fresh ingredients. Sorry for all the superlatives but they are true and the only way to describe such breakfast excellence. Oh, and we can't forget the friendly, welcoming bartender Becky, the topper to a great start to our Saturday. We will be back bringing friends next time.

• Visited April 2013
Lakeland, Minnesota
“Walleye, Walleye, Walleye”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

If you like walleye, you'll find it prepared many different ways at Seasons. I've dined here several times, as a solo guest, with friends, and in large groups. I've never had anything but their walleye, and have enjoyed the meal each time.The atmosphere is northwoodsy. The bar stools are incredibly uncomfortable, whether at the high-tops in the bar or right at the rail, so we usually hold out for being seated in real chairs. The service has been lacking of late - not very attentive, slow, other things going on that are apparently more important than serving their guests. If you can tolerate the latter, the chef's preparations of the walleye are great.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AdventureLass
Wisconsin
“My first disappointment at Seasons”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I went to Seasons for dinner (having been there before) and was very disappointed. I have always raved about their eggs benedict, all you can eat walleye, specialty burgers and bloody mary's. I was stunned by both the service and food quality this visit.

I ordered a steak/walleye combination of a 7oz filet and a deep fried walleye filet. Now, I've had the walleye before and loved it so I thought it a safe bet. The filet was good, cooked perfectly but needed seasoning. The walleye? Nearly inedible. It was overcooked, rubbery and required a steak knife to cut due to excessively heavy, over-fried breading. I was never able to tell my server this...keep reading.

We ate at the bar. We like the casual venue the best..however...we must be spoiled by their best staff members because this night...it was like eating in the kitchen. Our bartender/server brought us our drink orders right away. She was busy so we weren't surprised to wait a bit for our order to be taken. However, waiting for the bartender to "do a bomb shot" with an obviously over-served customer across the bar is an unacceptable reason for the wait. During a 45 minute span, she did two such shots with the inebriated customer. Since I was seated at the bar, I watched to see if her performance was affected. In that time, she threw away one drink mistake, opened the cash drawer and left it open unattended, chatted with another customer about how a competing restaurant had better desserts and ignored our empty glasses places prominently on her side of the bar for 15 minutes. When she returned to wait on us, she had bloodshot eyes and a distracted attitude.

After our meal, our server/bartender/party girl took our plates without asking how we liked our meal and promptly SCRAPED THE REMAINING CONTENTS INTO A GARBAGE CAN NEXT TO THE CASH REGISTER! So, I have just had my dinner spoiled by watching someone do garbage duty before my eyes and never had the opportunity to tell my server the walleye was nearly inedible and the kitchen will never know because my dinner was scraped into the trash ten feet from me.

I have had wonderful meals and wonderful service here. I feel like they threw in a "third string of staff" and hoped nobody would notice. Well, kudos the the person who cooked my steak...medium rare was actually medium rare.

I do not know the owners of this restaurant but do know they work there. I have seen staff members pour themselves a drink when finishing a shift but I do not know if our server (and I use the term loosely) was an owner. However, regardless of your status, you must be a professional in your field on the job or the whole place goes down.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank agavegirl59
Roberts, Wisconsin
“Friday Fish Fry”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Here were come - in search of a good local Friday Fish Fry...
remembered coming here under previous owners. Great pre-meal
self serve popcorn and nice selection of beers on tap. Fish fry was
all you can eat, so made for a great Friday night with out of town guest.
Size of fish pieces were a bit small, but still taste. Great northwoods atmosphere

• Visited February 2013

Been to Seasons Tavern? Share your experiences!