“Great patio, fun barstaff”
Review of Ellie's on Main - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ellie's on Main
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent wings by D-spot and fun atmosphere! Deejay dancing on the weekends. Used to have karaoke on weds nights but haven't in a while! One of the better patios in Hudson!

1  Thank mzzshawny

Reviewed 31 August 2013

After going out to Ellie's a few times for drinks, I just found out they served food. It is fresh and well seasoned, one of the best burgers I have ever had. The service is excellent and I would recommend this place to anyone. I can't wait to try one of their 25 wing flavors!

2  Thank Carly M
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This place seems like a locals bar. I loved the back patio/deck. We had a very warm welcome from the locals. They invited us to plays darts. That was pretty cool.

1  Thank J D
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great place in Historic Downtown Hudson, Wi. I don't think that I would go there on a Fri/Sat as I was told that they employ 5-6 bouncers. Gets kind of rowdy, I guess. I was there on a Sunday afternoon and it was quiet. Has outdoor seating overlooking the St. Croix river. Has a daily beverage special, e.g. 2 dollar bloody marys or bud lights. Clientele is definitely local and would fit in in Austin (keep Austin weird). Has a kitchen and decent menu. The cheese curds were pretty tasty. I will go back, just not on Friday or Saturday nights.

1  Thank StonecreekArabians
Reviewed 22 May 2013

While the review just seems "average". I need to counter that with what Ellie's is. Ellie's is a "Neighborhood Bar" with a little more upscale feel to it. Hudson is a river town and any bar with a river view is popular. The bar has done some great remodeling of late and the outdoor deck/patio is very nice. It has taken them the better part of a year to do the remodeling.

Remember though, this is a bar experience and not about a restaurant/bar. Food is kind of an afterthought here.

Later at night on weekends the place is packed with weekend party goers. For a quiet place outside on a patio before 9PM, check out the deck

1  Thank agavegirl59