“Nice and quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin
“Nice and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

OK, here's a nice Holiday Inn that has most all of our features satisfied. A quiet location, nice room with comfortable beds, a "NO PET" policy for our allergies and a "NO PARTY" policy for peace and quiet. What more can a traveler want? There's a nice breakfast room for your morning meal that has most everything. We enjoyed our short stay and rate this hotel a perfect "Excellent". Don't be fooled by the exterior appearance, what's inside is really nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Grand Junction
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I had a reservation for a state rate for two employees. We had state id and a letter from our Travel Compliance Designee. The hotel would not honor the rate on the reservation printed from their own website! They were going to charge us $30 more per night than our reservation. I asked for a manager and Dominic went and got Jeanette who was clearly a maintenance employee, not a manager! She was dressed in dirty maintenance coveralls and needed help just writing down our cancellation number! We took our business elsewhere! The lobby also smelled terrible!

If you would like a nice hotel, try Riverview Hotels and Suites in River Falls. It is lovely, clean friendly, and affordable.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Suzanne L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Suzyqq71,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Breckenridge, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was given a room quote on the phone for $139.00 for my wife and me They stated that they had no discounted rooms available. I asked if they might have one with a military discount as I did not want to go over $100.00. Then they said that they had one left for $77.00. When we arrived they would not honor that rate as they said it was a single rate. My e-mail confirmation showed that it was for my wife and me for that price. Then they said it would be $109.00. I told them I wasn't going over $100.00 and started to leave. They then gave me what they called a AAA rate for $99.00. I told them I did not have AAA. They said that was OK. Everything else was OK but I believe thaey have an issue with honesty.

1 Thank 83Teddy
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Just spent two nights at this property while attending meetings in the area. The check-in was easy, had a newspaper saved for me, and an ice cream nitecap. Room was very modern, internet worked fine, good refrig, and TV was DirecTV with channels just like home. Shower was great and a/c worked fine. Bed was comfortable, and breakfast in the morning was above average. I do wish they would turn the public TV's (lobby, breakfast area) to something other than CNN (can't stand biased news). Only problem was found on the second day, a persistent 'itching' on my legs. While I am sure there were no bedbugs, there was something that did trigger this reaction (perhaps the soap, or laundry detergent/softener). I would stay there again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had been looking for a place near Minneapolis, but the rates were high near the city. We stayed just across the border in Wisconsin. We will never stay in the city again. This place was under $100.00 with AAA or AARP and we could drive to the far suburbs in less than an hour. Small things make an impression. They offer ice cream bars to guests. Nice touch.

Breakfast was standard HIE fare, but the scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy were just warm. Fortunately a microwave was handy. I like my food piping hot. Minor complaint. The coffee in the breakfast area was fresh and hot. Great! The coffee in the lobby was warm. Minor complaint.

Every employee was very friendly! Our grandkids had a great time in the pool. The water was clean, but not over-chlorinated. The temperature was very comfortable in the pool and the hot tub.

The beds were comfy with three sheets and four pillows on each bed. The room was clean when we got there. Not so much after we checked out! Our two four year old granddaughters left a mess behind. No damage, but messy! I don't usually tip the maid, but this time, she deserved it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Vickys-Guy
Hurley, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Arrived here later in the evening, really tired, and was grateful for the kindness and efficiency of the young man at the front desk. He provided menus for delivery food (and pointed out that the hotel itself offers free ice cream novelties in the evening - yum!).

The room itself was clean - really clean! No dust collection in the corners, no fingerprints anywhere, clean, fresh smell... The room itself was large (2 double beds), but the bathroom was wonderful and spacious, with an oval vessel sink, plenty of counter space and a walk-in shower.

There is access to many dining places (mostly fast food and casual) and stores from this hotel.

I don't get to this area of the state often, but when I do I will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for what you would like - I was tired and had lots of stuff to carry in. I voiced this and was...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank lu0911
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I give this place 5 stars because for its class of hotel because it was clean, the staff was so kind (my wife thought Dominic was perfect!)

We were out for a night and were so pleased we stayed here. We had a jacuzzi suite, there are lots of places nearby to eat, shop, get a massage, haircut, pedicure, farm supplies or pick up home remodeling project supplies. Seriously, there is everything up here in this part of Hudson. It might be worth staying here to go to Fleet Farm alone, Man's Mall indeed.

Starbucks across the road is crazy busy so I suggest Caribou on the other side of the freeway... just saying.

As for the hotel staff, again, so nice. I asked for a late checkout because he had errands to run and she hooked us up nice. Breakfast was pretty good though there wasn't much for a gluten free diet (Rice Chex or something would be a nice option). The pool was clean and comfortable.

If we have another date night we would stay here for sure.

They DO have the no party policy, so it is quiet!! Obviously a problem if you are a wedding party or something, but pretty nice if you are there to sleep. I warned the ladies checking into the hotel for their friend's 85th birthday but they promised to keep it down.

While there are a ton of chain places to eat around the hotel, do yourself a favor and drive the couple of miles to downtown Hudson, There are some really fantastic places down there and great shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mapping_Guy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 8 in Hudson
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94? Share your experiences!