“OK but some dog problems”

Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“OK but some dog problems”
Reviewed 18 July 2008

This is a pretty standard newly modeled Holiday Inn Express. The main problem we had was the owner wandering around the premesis with his unleashed dog, including allowing the dog to run around the breakfast area! Apparently he feels the "no pets" policy does not apply to him. The staff is polite but unable to do anything about the owner's actions. Also, the exercise room is about the smallest I have ever seen, with only 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical crammed into a tiny room. It does have a small pool and hot tub.

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank femtoamy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chico, CA
Reviewed 5 August 2007

We traveled for three weeks this summer, staying in a different place each night. The Holiday Inn Express in Hudson was without a doubt the nicest place we stayed. It wasn't the fanciest or the most expensive, but it was clean, the staff was friendly, the room was comfortable, the pool was great, and the breakfast was delicious. A great stay for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tragrave
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 July 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hudson over the weekend of June 30. The hotel was very easy to locate and was a well situated for our trip to the eastern suburbs of Minneapolis. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They recommended a great pizza delivery joint (Barley's) and provided menus for other options in town.

The pool area was small but very busy with guests. They have an adults only swim time set aside from 10 pm til midnight, which was a nice touch. No alcohol is allowed in the common areas of the hotel and a no party policy is strictly enforced. They must have had problems in the past, but let me tell you, we had a very quiet, pleasant stay due to the hotel's policy and management.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I especially liked the quality of the linens and towels. Beds were outfitted with soft, comfy white linens and comforter and several choices of pillow firmness. The bathroom was large with a huge shower. Plastic cups were plenty and there was a coffee maker, iron & board, and hair dryer in the room. A large recliner was a welcome addition to the desk and chair.

There are plenty of dining options in the immediate area and a handy liquor store in a strip mall just around the block.

I would definitely recommend and stay again!

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank maxanddrew
Kissimmee FL
Reviewed 27 September 2006

This hotel was a blast! The front desk staff was very friendly and greeted us by name. Gabe was very good at keeping my 4 year old nephew occupied. He is still talking about him! The rooms are amazing, very large, home feeling. Though we did miss a fridge, had to use a cooler with ice. We will definitely stay here again the first chance we get. Very centrally located to everything. Loved it!

• Liked — Location and friendliness of staff..
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — This hotel is a must-see!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ajmccready4
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 May 2004

Like many of you who read this, I feel as though I am on the road more than I am home. I am fortunate, however, to find place like this… second homes, to make my travels easier. I can’t speak highly enough of this hotel. The property is new, and extremely well maintained. The staff is always so courteous and ready to offer assistance. And all the amenities I need are available (high-speed internet, business center, fitness center, etc.) My company is sending me to cover another territory at the moment, so I thought I’d give my thanks by recommending my ‘second homes’ whenever I get an opportunity like this. Holiday Inn Express – Hudson: you will be missed. Keep up the great job!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Comfort Suites Hudson
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 8 in Hudson
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94? Share your experiences!