“Looks good, but looks aren't everything.”

The Postmark Grille
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Looks good, but looks aren't everything.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went there on the recommendation of several groups of friends with varying opinions. We went on a Fri evening, around 5:30pm. Our server was pleasant, included everyone, had a sense of humor, and seemed to know the menu and possibilities very well. We were delighted with his explanations of dining options for those with food issues and special needs.
We were most disappointed, however, in 2 things.
First, the continual up-sell on everything. I got plain tired of saying no thank you. I hesitated to run to the restroom in case there was one more up-sell opportunity awaiting me for type of hand soap, or toilet paper selection, maybe.
Secondly, the noise level was horrible. Granted, it was a busy night, but I would avoid the place for that one reason only. We had a table of only 6, and we had to shout to be heard at all times. It was certainly not the place to go to catch up with old friends.
The food was a tad over-priced for what it really was - a lot of frozen foods, or regular old items with fancy names and extra 'sprinkles' (as we call fresh ground pepper, parmesan cheese, and parsley) but it was hot and tasty and generous.
I'd prefer more original items and REAL fresh food, and I'd try it again in the daytime when it's not so busy and noisy.

• Visited October 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great atmosphere.. nice staff.. food ok”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I would LOVE this place.. they just need to work on the food. The atmosphere is great. Outdoor patio for summer and a historic open concept inside. The staff is very good and the value is great. The wine selection is different from the standard offerings which I love. I'd like to see them create a few awesome offerings on the menu that you can't get elsewhere. I think that would really let this place standout.

• Visited October 2013
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Options, options, options...!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a great restaurant with something for everyone...! I eat here every couple of weeks and it is consistently good... There burgers claim to be fresh ground, not sure if they are or not but they are fantastic... They ask for a temperature on your burger and it actually comes out correct (most of my experience says your getting a burger between Medium-well and well no matter how you order) Supper items are great too...! I've had the best Steaks ever here, once a Ribeye and the other time on a Steak and Walleye with a New York and a Parmesan Crusted Walleye that was amazing...! Whenever I bring people to this restaurant (which many of my friends/family haven't heard of) they are very happy... I tried there breakfast buffet a few weeks ago and that was very good including there Bloody Mary YUM YUM SPICY YUM... Service has improved a lot also from the first few times I have been there too... Great food, nice bar, family friendly... They somehow manage to pull it all off in the same restaurant... Definite Regular...!

• Visited September 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great Patio, interesting building, not your average bar and grill food.”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I visited this restaurant twice in two weeks, once with a handful of coworkers and once with my husband. (I had to share this new find with him)

With my four coworkers, we sat on the patio and all ordered from the menu and everyone enjoyed their meals. The waitress was pleasant and very helpful suggesting drinks and food from the specialty menu. A great place to hang after work.

With my husband, we sat inside and enjoyed the tastefully decorated historic building. There were two specials and we each tried one and they both were wonderful. There most definitely is a chef in the building and not just a cook.

Our only complain was the Caesar salad. It was their twist on a caesar salad, which was a good salad just not a Caesar.

This restaurant is just a bit off the main drag in downtown Hudson, but it's conveniently located across the street from Knoke's Chocolate Store, and two blocks north of a nice stroll along the river walk. I highly recommend The Postmark Grill to Hudsonites as well as tourist.

• Visited September 2013
“What a great vibe”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Wonderful old building which was the Hudson Post Office until 1946(?). Lovely patio, lively slightly noisy inside rooms. Food was not bad-I am not a foodie. Small mistake was made,but the entire staff jumped all over it and made it right. Would go back again.

Visited September 2013