“Very Good Mexican Fare”

Ranked #20 of 96 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Mexican
“Very Good Mexican Fare”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Had passed this place several times in visits to the area, but had never considered stopping until some friends encouraged us accompany them for dinner. It is a typical Mexican restaurant interior; stucco walls, arches, dark wood booths, sombreros and serapes on the walls. I thought, oh boy, here we go. What a surprise. The menu is large and varied. The meals are filling and not with filler (beans, etc), but meat, seafood etc. The ladies said there margaritas were good. I know they were large. Beer was cold. Okay, I am only going to comment on mine. I had the mariscos diablo, devil shrimp supposed to be spicy hot. They weren't spicy hot, they were nuclear hot. They were great, but I would dial it down next time I am there. My fault, not the restaurants. We had a great time. The wait staff is very patient, not very visible unless you need them and very knowledgeable. I will go again

• Visited January 2014

Hayward
“Great place!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was spending a night at a hotel across the road from Azul Tequila, and decided to give it a try for dinner. There were 6 of us, and we were very impressed with the place, the food, and the service. My husband & myself have traveled the entire Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, so we feel that we have certainly had authentic MX food! This was some of the best we have eaten. My son was with us, and he had the fish tacos, and said that they were probably the best he has ever eaten. The place is quite large, so we were able to get seated right away, and the food came very quickly. The server was very attentive, and did a great job! I have already recommended Azul Tequila to friends/family who live in the area, and will continue to do so, when I hear of someone visiting the Hudson area! A+ !!!

• Visited April 2014
Rochester, Minnesota
“Three dots means average, but enjoyed pillars & arches decor.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Mexican food is popular, also fairly easy to prepare, but true Mexican fare takes talent, knowledge, and experience. This restaurant is just over a year old, but already has a successful following. I tend to think that many people don't really know real Mexican food and are happy if they get a Margarita, some spice, and nice décor to look at.
I chose the Chile Verde (even though the traditional pork was not available) with chicken. The dish was bland, lacking in sauce, and the chicken blasé. I have had much better Chile Verde at other places such as Maharachi Loco in River Falls.
They do have some interesting entrée recipe choices, though I would consider their style more Tex-Mex.
You get two types of salsa with your free tortilla chips, one was pretty good, the other tasted like ketchup with pepper in it. We asked for more salsa from our server but never received it. Our server didn't have a name, just #6 on our tab.
We sat in a booth that had a uncomfortable seat, like it had too much stuffing in it. The tequila bar has about 10 or so different tequilas, can this rate as a true tequila bar?

• Visited April 2014
“Been Here Many Times”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We enjoy a meal at Azul several times a month. The food is very good- love the fajita quesidilla, and service is very prompt. Add to this very reasonable prices and we don't often go elsewhere. Also recommend the Miami Vice Margarita!

• Visited February 2014
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Fast service, good food, and never a line to get in...”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Hudson has a lot of great restaurants to choose from, but most of them have limited seating capacity...that's not the case with Azul. There's ample space in the bar and the restaurant, and I've never had to wait for a seat.

The staff are courteous and the food is fast and tasty.

• Visited February 2014