“Another good addition to Hudson's restaurant scene”
Review of Stone Tap

Stone Tap
Ranked #17 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Another good addition to Hudson's restaurant scene”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had stopped in to the Stone Tap a few times over the summer right after it opened. On our first couple stops we just had a few beers from their very extensive list of micro-brews. Finally tried the food a couple weeks ago and were glad we did. The wild boar was delicious and the accompany pan seared gnocchis were like pillows. The duck was very good as well although the brussel sprout pairing was a little strange (tasty but didnt enhance the overall dish). Both the Stone Tap and Romaine salad were good as well. Of course the beer was great as always. Service was very friendly and the prices seem to be just a bit below average for the area although the beer prices may be a bit higher. Overall a great experience, we'll be back to try the rest of the menu.

• Visited January 2014

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Great beer and food”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Went here with another couple. This place has a great beer list we all ordered different drafts. Everyone liked theirs but we all agreed the "Dragons milk was the best. The food was also very good and locally sourced. Prices were reasonable and quality was exceptional.

• Visited November 2013
Chelsea, Michigan
“Excellent addition to Hudson's restaurants”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hudson is a great destination for couples and friends looking for a great place to eat. Now it has another wonderful restaurant that doubles as a tap room. The transformation of Stone Tap from it's former self is stunning, beautiful stone walls, wood floors and lighting. Excellent, changing choices of craft beers. We were given a gift certificate in late July and have stopped in 3 times since. The menu is great. In my most recent visit, my friend and I split a salad and burger (with awesome fries) which were excellent and each had a beer, but in general I would rank food no more than very good. It seems when they get busy food is occasionally overdone. Service is no more than ok, especially during the afternoon.

• Visited October 2013
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This is a nice new addition to the Hudson restaurant scene. The decor inside the restaurant is second to none, probably one of the best in Hudson.

The food however is mixed in my opinion. The food they do have on the menu is pretty good, however the menu is quite small and the selection is not very big. My favorite part about this restaurant is the beer selection, hands down. They have a ton of different beers they bring in throughout the year, and when they're gone, they're gone. I would definitely recommend coming and stopping in this place, it's a great spot, even though the food needs some expansion.

Visited October 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“For the money, there are much better restaurants than this one.”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Setting was beautiful. Service was good however it seemed rushed as the server was obviously ready to cash out from day shift. Beer selection and beer specials are the best thing about this place. Had the coconut curry scallops, very good and fresh tasting however for 15$ many of the shells were empty and there weren't many. For dinner I ordered the scallops with sweet corn and polenta for 20$ the portion/size of scallops were quite small and when first delivered they were cold inside. When I actually had my meal the polenta was good but the sweet corn purée under the polenta was very very good. My companion had the bangers and mash for 15$ and the sausages were very fresh and flavorful. For dessert we shared the banana foster which was awesome. The dessert menu is quite appealing. I suppose I'll have to return to try some of the other menu items and maybe I'll find my experience a bit better for the money spent.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mzzshawny

Been to Stone Tap? Share your experiences!