“Beautiful Restaurant - mediocre everything else”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Stone Tap

Stone Tap
Ranked #17 of 91 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Hudson, WI
“Beautiful Restaurant - mediocre everything else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The renovation of this space from the old Dibbo's is remarkable. The interior is so cool, but they have no art on the walls. They also need a good chef, good food and good service. Put all that together and this will be an outstanding experience. But, my experience is food is medocre, the service not great. The help needs to put on a happy face.

Visited December 2013

Eagan, MN
“Understafffed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

First, the waitresses (2) worked as hard and as fast as they could. Maybe someone called in sick? But the kitchen was also understaffed, or why else did it take 45 minutes to get our order? And then the burgers were dry/overcooked, accompanied by dried and overcooked fries. No busboys/girls to clear tables as diners left!

Add in a select/pricey beer selection (what, no Spotted Cow?) and a relatively limited menu and we're most likely not coming back.

• Visited April 2014
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Loved The Stone Tap!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

First visit to the Stone Tap and it was fabulous! Our server Daniel was very knowledgable and helpful, but not invasive. The beer I tried was Pitchfork Hayride, which was delicious and surprising as I hadn't consumed a beer in years! We started with the Pierogies, then ordered the Wild Boar and the Amish Chicken. Every morsel was consumed and thoroughly enjoyed!! Fabulous flavor and presentation. As for value, I thought the value was very good; large portions, excellent preparation, timely delivery. Compliments to the chef & staff!! Will definitely return and highly recommend to everyone!

• Visited January 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“It's ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Our party of 4 adults visited Stone Tap on a Thursday night around 5:30pm.
This was our first time here. The atmosphere, decor and restrooms were nice and clean.
Our waiter was Dan, he was prompt and attentive. I asked him if they had a beer sampler, which he replied they had 5 oz beers I could order. Still thinking there was a set price to this, I ordered five 5oz samples, only to find out they ranged in price from $2-$5 each.
We ordered the chicken thigh appetizer and the bacon wrapped shrimp. The shrimp were smoky and good, while I didn't like the chili-garlic chicken all that much. The tenderness was good, I didn't care for the flavor.
Dinner was the turkey club for me and bacon cheese burger for him. The fries were thin and delicious, the sandwich was big and falling over. The bacon cheese burger was "good". After all that plus three 16 oz beers, our dinner for two came to $67 before tax & tip.
Frankly I think that's a bit much for what we had.
Service was very good, food was good, value was bad. The craft beers range from $5.50-$27, per bottle (I think it was). Our friends ordered full entrees, their bill was $115.
Likely will not return.

Visited January 2014
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great asset to the Hudson restaurant scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Just came back from an unexpected, yet, fantastic meal at the Stone tap. We got seated immediately. The hostess/ manager asked us if a table for two was adequate or would we prefer a larger table. My gracious husband said he didn't want to take the larger table from a future bigger party, but the hostess said the they seat in the "now" at the restaurant and which ever we would prefer. I was really impressed right there. Our meal started with the French fries and bleu cheese sauce and mussels. Incredible, I must say. I am gluten free so I love good French fries! We then went to our entree, I had the lamb shank, fall of the bone and my husband had the rabbit. WOW.
The food was cooked to perfection and came out promptly and hot. The server was attentive, but didn't hover over the table. Beer selection was great and wine was impressive. We are not big drinkers, but the prices were comparable to local venues. We will be back. Thanks Stone Tap

• Visited January 2014

Been to Stone Tap? Share your experiences!