“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Elm Grove, Wisconsin
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I stop here on our way home from dropping the kids off at college in Minneapolis every year. Love the wood ceilings in the older wing. Very clean, comfortable and quiet with an up north vacation like feel to it. Lots of nice restaurants close. Like the made to order breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My son and I recently stayed here for 3 night while he was trying out for hockey.
Very clean and comfortable, especially the big recliner that I wanted to take with me!
Free breakfast, not the pre-made, but made to order!
Staff very friendly, priced right and great location.

Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 May 2013

It very nice to know that when it came to the wedding reception for my Daughter, It was all under control with working with Carla and her ideas ahead of time. The food, rooms and reception area was great. We had a number of guest that commented on how they loved the reception area and the food, and they spoke very highly of the service from the wait staff. Thank you Hudson House Grand Hotel for making apart of my Daughters special day a success with or your hospitably expertise and idea's.

I would and will highly recommend the Hudson House Grand Hotel,

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Criegs
Minnesota
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The room was very nice and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast included with the room was very good with excellent waitress.

This facility needs some soundproofing done yesterday. People in the next room talked all night long and we could hear them. Makes it hard to sleep. Also people actually running in the hallway. When in the hallway, light could be seen around the door to the room, so you know they don't fit tight enough to help with sound.

Osceola
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We just held our 2nd rug hooking retreat at the Hudson House Grand Hotel. Breakfast was great, the lunches were great with awesome service, and the rooms were pleasant and very clean. It was a pleasure to work with the staff in coordinating this event for 36 women--I did not have a single complaint for the second year in a row. We especially appreciate the wonderful lighting in our work rooms. We also enjoyed the atmosphere and hospitality in the hotel's fireside lounge. We are looking forward to next year's rug school at the end of January 2014 at the Hudson House Grand Hotel.

Room Tip: The large suite room with the jacuzzi is a great space with vaulted ceilings and wonderful privacy.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Paulette W
Amery, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This was our first time dining or attending a show at the St Croix Off Broadway theatre located in the Hudson House Grand Hotel.

We were sooooo pleased! Dinner was excellent! The appetizer was great and large enough for two. We both had prime rib, cooked differently, and they were both cooked perfectly. We had a bottle of wine recommended by our wait staff and she got that perfect too!

The show was funny and exactly what we expected it to be. Then after the show, they had a live band (Function Junction) set up in a banquet room just for us. They handed out the party hats and noise makers and gave us each two full glasses of champagne to toast in the new year.

We stayed till it closed down. We didn't stay overnight as we had doggies to get home to, but I wish we would have. The place is awesome. We will definately be back next year for this event!

Oh, you can find the dinner theatre's schedule at stcroixoffbroadway.com

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Julie L
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I'm a pianist who has spent a few nights at this hotel after gigs in the area. Not wanting to drive home after an exhausting evening, the front desk set me up in a room away from some of the families who were also staying for the evening. The rooms (I was informed that they were recently remodeled the previous year) were clean, accommodating, and set up with a desk table with an ethernet cord so I didn't need to worry about Wi-fi connection issues. The internet was free (something I'm not used to in the twin cities) and there were plenty of outlets for me to charge up my mobile devices and even plug in my keyboard to rehearse a bit.

The front desk greeted me with a smile and asked me about my stay in the morning. After breakfast (eggs, toast and hashbrows with juice and coffee), I told them that I would definitely be staying again.

If this place has had any sort of bad reputation in the past, they've definitely taken steps to vastly improve it.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have new bathrooms and showers.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo