“Why did it take me so LONG?!”

Paddy Ryan's Irish Pub
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Why did it take me so LONG?!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I can't believe I've lived in Hudson for 5 years and NEVER been here however it's never too late, I say! This place is probably going to become a regular stop if the rest of the food tastes as good as the dishes we all had today. Our server was amazing and we were greeted and sat as a family of 5 immediately. The atmosphere could use some more Coziness and "stuff" in it to make it more Irish pub-like, it seems like a strip mall.

I had a hankering for seafood and so my hubby and I ordered the Belfast seafood chowder and it was unbelievably good. I would visit if that wAs the only item on the menu. Very fresh tasting and loaded with seafood, even the most tender baby octopus and mussels. It rivals my all time favorite She-crab soup from Savannah, Ga. And that's saying a lot!

The Salmon and Cod Boxty (potato cake) with cheese and leeks and smothered in a creamy dill sauce was delish ! The sausages were amazing and the lamb stew my son ordered was also very good!

We will definitely be returning to try everything else! Oh did I mention the soup? Just kidding.

2 Thank mzzshawny

St Paul, MN
“Relaxed and perfect compliment to brewery next door”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My fiancé and I stopped at Pitchfork Brewing immediately next door to Paddy Ryan's, and after drinking in the taproom, needed to get food to soak up the beer. Paddy's has some appetizers exclusively made for the brewery, and the pretzel battered cheese curds are phenomenal. Just when you thought you had eaten all the cheese curds you could stand, these are a new and addicting taste on the Midwest Classic. We were served by a woman with a Dublin Ireland accent (I can only assume one of the owners) and received excellent and relaxed service. There was much more than the usual burgers and fries on the menu, with a thoughtful drink menu and such Irish classics as boiled bacon and boxty. Totally worth the drive from the twin cities. Go to the brewery, drink to much, and then soak it up with excellent food and atmosphere at Paddy Ryan's!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Stee0421
“Grand Comfort Food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Paddy Ryan's is one of only two or three places in Hudson that I always recommend with a smile. I take particular pleasure in recommending the marvelously rich seafood boxty, although all the boxties deserve to be enjoyed. I've spent a lifetime trying Rueben sandwiches, and theirs is easily a top 5. And as an Irish pub, their bar selections hold their own in all the ways they should. It's only challenge is its location, which just requires you to trust that the road you turn on will take you there. For enjoyable eating out, it's a 5 Slainte place to go.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DanB1960
“Great brunch!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Sunday brunch is never crowded and the food is great. Good coffee and great place for kids (crayons and pictures to color; considerate staff). Problem of giving a good review is it could get busier. Stay out of our corner booth!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank TripDadPlus
Hudson, Wisconsin, United States
“Pleasant Pub”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Gracious atmosphere, authentic Irish food and usually, two or three choices a beautiful porter or stout beer on tap. 'Tis a favorite hang-out for friends and me.

• Visited April 2014