“One of the Best!”
Review of Phipps Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hudson
Phipps Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hudson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Unbelievable breakfast!!! Enough Said!!!! And I mean it!!

Room Tip: All rooms seem very very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Phipps Inn

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Go ahead and treat yourself! When I return to Hudson in 2012, I shall return to Phipps Inn. Victoria's room is beautiful as is the historic home and the tree lined street. I had breakfasts that were scumptious and excellent service was provided by Mary Ellen. I spent six nights at the Inn and all were very quiet, which was a blessing for me.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2011

The Phipps Inn has a lot going for it. It is a great historic inn with all the charm and elegance you would expect. The hosts are very gracious and knowledgeable. The rooms are first rate and the breakfast was as grand as the dining room itself. Hudson is very convenient to the Twin Cities. The Phipps Center in Hudson has several great galleries and we attended a superb concert in the very intimate theater. There are many good restaurants in town and shops for browsing. There are several State Parks nearby that are well worth a visit. A great place for a get away!

Reviewed 28 March 2011

We have never stayed in a bed and breakfast before, and we enjoyed it immensely. The room was great, and so were our hosts. We will definitely do it again.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

This was our first time ever at a bed and breakfast and we certainly picked the right place. The house is beautiful - so much character. The hosts are sweet and friendly. Our room was perfect - totally romantic and quiet. It was like we were the only people in the place (but I knew we weren't). The big soaking tub was great. Loved the two-sided fireplace! And the best was very plush and actually pretty comfortable. The robe and chocolates were a fantastic little bonus. Breakfast was everything other reviews said it would be - absolutely delicious. Made the price of the room seem like a better deal after getting that great meal. We will definitely be going back. In fact, we're already talking about celebrating our birthdays or anniversary at this place.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

My wife, baby daughter, and I visited Phipps Inn last week and our stay was fantastic! I called in advance to be sure that our daughter (who can fuss a bit at night) would not be bothering other guests, and the hostess assured us that no one else was registered for the weekday evening we planned to visit on. It was reassuring to know that the owners do indeed think such matters through -- if I were a guest visiting without a child, I would not want to have a fussing baby in a room next door. This shouldn't be an issue at this B&B if our experience is any indication of how reservations are made.

The room itself was quaint and comfortable. No TV, which was quite nice. The bath fixtures were very impressive throughout the building, and the extra amenities (cold drinks & coffe/tea at the ready, a billiards room, a nice sitting area, etc...) were a real treat. We were able to invite a friend from Hudson to see the inside of the Inn and sit and visit with us for a brief bit.

Last, but certainly not least, the breakfast was amazing. DO NOT MISS IT! I am not a breakfast eater, in particular, but I cleaned my plate (which is saying something -- the variety and quantity is not for the light eater!).

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cscmc1
Reviewed 21 March 2011

What a wonderful place. This was our second trip and it didn't disappoint. Rich and Mary Ellen are wonderful hosts - around when you need them but not bothersome. Their home is a treasure.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Comfort Suites Hudson
Hudson House Grand Hotel
Water Street Inn
Water Street Inn
#6 of 7 in Stillwater

Been to Phipps Inn? Share your experiences!