“Better than expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jackson
Crivitz, Wisconsin
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We came to town for a trade show, our bender booked the room for us so we didn't have a say on where we were staying. First impression was 3 workers smoking by the front door. Not good. However they were friendly and the front desk girl popped inside before we reached the doors ready to great us. Checking was fast, the room was much larger than most with whirlpool tub, microwave, frig, and bar sink separate from bathroom. The pool area was very nice and the pool was warm. Breakfast was eggs,sausage,waffles, and the traditional items. We will stay again.

• Stayed September 2011

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
GB, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

My husband and I happened upon this gem when our usual hotel screwed up our reservation. We were left scrambling for a room on a busy Friday night in Milwaukee. Upon checking in, we were pleasantly surprised to find a new and very clean hotel. Our 2-room king suite was very spacious and the bathroom was HUGE! The room well appointed and also very quiet.

My only suggestion would be for the staff: we never encountered one friendly our even pleasant staff member. Desk staff, breakfast staff even the cleaning staff were very cold and almost rude. Luckily the facilities made up for the lack of friendliness, but I can't promise that we'll go back. The friendly people at our regular hotel, are one of the main reasons we stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank apete1977
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

My apartment recently happen to catch fire and due to the nature of the fire would not be able to live in my apartment until they could repair the damage. Roughly 1 month plus. During my stay I have had the pleasure of meeting the wonderful staff at the hotel. Always friendly, receptive, understanding and generally concerned about how things were going. Front desk people rock friendly helpful etc you name they will figure out a way to make it happen. Great breakfast in the morning. Varity would be nice FYI who really eats peach yogurt? You have to meet the wonderful staff from the cleaning lady to the person cooking your breakfast always a smile always nice. Would come back again if I didnt already live in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank reskola
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

We stayed a weekend in late August. The hotel is directly off the highway so very easy to get to. It's ten minutes from West Bend, 15-20 from Cedarburg and Grafton, and about 30 from Milwaukee. Rooms looked newer, with clean, nice bedding and fixtures. Fridge and microwave worked fine and not loud. Air conditioning has a thermostat and worked well without keeping me up all night. Free breakfast was well stocked with the basics- bagels, fruit, toast, yogurt, etc and one hot item. Pool and hot tub were decent size, open till 10 PM for kids and midnight for adults which is nice. Staff was ok- no problems and knew how to get places I asked. Small shop next to the desk with chips, drinks, cookies, ice cream and some microwaveable lunch/dinner options for purchase. One computer in the lobby with free internet was never really busy so I was able to use it. Hallways/lobby area was very warm, but rooms were fine once air was on. Culvers and Subway within a few feet, and a family restaurant and Dairy Queen down the street. Was very quiet on a Fri and Sat night even with teens down the hall. Only problems were a slightly firm bed ( I suppose cause they are newer) and no elevator. If you are booked on the second floor you must carry your luggage. Overall, quiet and clean- would recommend!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shadowXXrunner
west bend, wi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

I am a travel agent that stays in hotels a lot. This has been my worse experience and will never recommend this hotel to any of my clients.The power went out in our city and we needed a place to stay with our daughter and 2 small (under 10lb) dogs. We paid for our neighbors to stay also. So we paid for 2 rooms.These rooms are the highest priced around also but everyone else was booked up because of the storm. I asked for a travel agent rate, AARP, AAA, but no luck. Not only did we not have power for the 2nd night, had to throw out all our food and clean up our yard, etc, we weren't even given a break.This Hotel says they are pet friendly...not so. When we arrived we took pets in the front and were told rudely to get them out. and use another entracnce. We apologized and did so. Before arriving I asked what the charges for both dogs would be. I was told $30/total for 2 dogs. When we got our bill we were charged $60 and the management was so rude and wouldn't take the $30 off. We asked for her to get in touch with the guy (Steven) who gave us that pet info, She refused to do that, refused to give us her card or the name of someone above her to contact. She even wouldn't give us her name.If we'd have know of this charge, we would've stayed in Grafton at the Hampton Inn, where they charge $10/per night per pet. This gal at the
Comfort Inn said they were the cheapest for charging pets...again, not so and we told her that. Seriously, someone needs to reimburse us the $30. If anyone has info on how we can get a hold of someone who cares and wants to help, pleas let us know.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abbyrach
Orland Park, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2009

Our dog club reserved a large block of rooms for our annual Bernese Mountain Dog Specialty. I called to make reservations in early January but was only able to secure one night. I was told to call back on Feb 5th as they were going to release some additional rooms, however when I called on the 5th all rooms had been taken. I was told I was 3rd on the waiting list so I called every few days therafter until the day before we were to arrive. I almost always talked to the same person who was fully aware that I would have to cancel if a room did not become available for the second night. When I called the day before we were to check in to cancel the reservation I was told I called one hour too late and that I would still be charged for the room. No one prior to this had told me verbally or in writing that I had to call by a certain time to cancel not to mention that I had called 10 to 15 times trying to secure a second night. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and the Comfort Inn Corporate offices with this complaint and will dispute the charge with Mastercard. THINK TWICE ABOUT STAYING HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Alkeshmail, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2009
This is the owner of Comfort Inn & Suites of Jackson, WI, and I would like to offer my sincere apology for any inconvenience it may have caused. After reviewing your concern with my staff and reservation system, I discovered that your credit card was NOT charged for canceling a room outside the hotel cancellation policy as you indicated on your comment. If that is not true, please contact me at 262-677-1133 as soon as possible so your credit card can be fully refunded, and this issue can be resolved.

We strive to set high standards for ourselves, and always do everything we possibly can to accommodate our guest. Your comments and criticism provides an opportunity to improve our service. We always have and continue to inform guest on our cancellation policy at the end of each reservation since plans do change. Please give us another opportunity in the future to show our commitment to service and 100% guest satisfaction.
Libertyville, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2009

Not too impressive. Reserved a room for a single night in order to enjoy some night skiing nearby. After management did not honor the conditions promised, I informed the front desk that I wanted my money back and was going to stay elsewhere for the night. Although Comfort Inn has a "money back 100% customer satisfaction guarantee" policy (as stated in the Worldwide Hotel Directory and Atlas), they nonetheless proceeded to charge my credit card for the full amount. Choice Hotel Customer Relations has been notified and are in the process of investigating this situation.

• Liked — Near outdoor recreation area
  • Disliked — unresponsive customer service
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alkeshmail, owner at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2009
Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites of Jackson, WI. It is unfortunate that you were unable to use our whirlpool due to maintenance issue, for that I do apologize. Your comments and criticism are greatly appreciated. We strive to set high standards for ourselves and committed to provide highest guest satisfaction. Please be assured that we do perform preventative maintenance on the pool and whirlpool on a regular basis to prevent problems from occurring. Unfortunately, even with the best preventative measures, mechanical problems may still arise.

We fully refunded your credit card once this incident was brought to my attention. If you have not received a credit from your credit card company, please contact me as soon as possible.
We would like to demonstrate to you the true quality of our service by offering you a one night complimentary stay in one of our standard rooms, subject to availability. At your convenience, please contact me directly to arrange your reservation; and simply mention Trip Advisory to Guest Services Representative upon check in. Thank you.

Owner of Comfort Inn & Suites, Jackson, WI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, West Bend
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Germantown
AmericInn of West Bend
AmericInn of West Bend
#3 of 4 in West Bend
BEST WESTERN Germantown Inn

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!