“Busy local deli, reasonable prices”
Review of Luke's Deli

Luke's Deli
Ranked #40 of 174 Restaurants in Janesville
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Description: Luke's Deli is a local sandwich and ice cream deli. Our menu is extensive. We serve fresh roasted turkey wraps and sandwiches, healthy homemade soups and salads in a tastefully decorated seating inside or a beautiful outdoor patio. Many people order takeout by calling ahead. We are located on the corner of Milton Ave & Mount Zion Ave at the edge of the residential neighborhood. We like to think we are "Janesville's Neighborhood Deli". Prices are inexpensive and the food although prepared when ordered is served fast. There is no waited service but many people enjoy sitting at the counter and reading the newspapers which are offered daily. We also have a book lending library which customers are welcome to use.
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Decided to eat here instead of a chain restaurant while visiting relatives. We wanted a quick sandwich. The restaurant was very busy on a Saturday with eat in and carry out customers so it looked promising. Hubby had the Saturday special of Chicago Dog, fries and soda , a good value plus chili and he liked it all, He did eliminate the sport peppers on the dog though. I had the Turkey sandwich with artichoke dip, cheese and tomato on toasted sourdough bread. This sounded better than it was. The proportion of turkey to other ingredients was way too much turkey. The turkey seemed to be a roasted, shredded turkey breast which was very dry and didn't taste that good. The other ingredients were very tasty so I removed most of the turkey and then ate it. The root beer float for .99 was a treat. Hubby would like to go back again, I may give it another try with a different menu item.

1  Thank rc5
There are newer reviews for Luke's Deli

Reviewed 21 January 2013

This is a locally owned restaurant that has a great menu. I love anything turkey they do. They make all the turkey on site and it is fresh, shredded, and healthy! Wraps and sandwiches are great. Good fries, good prices...we come here often! A must try if you are tires of the same national franchise menus.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I just want to say if you want one of the best wraps around you have to try the garlic turkey wrap from Luke's. It is about 5 bucks and it's 14" long and made from real roasted shredded turkey yum! They have a garlic mayo that goes on that is outstanding, tomato lettuce a pickle spear and your all set. But that's not the only good wrap, they are all really tasty, I recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

They no longer carry frozen custard, but soft serve. I can get that anywhere. Food isn't that good, what really set them apart was the custard.

1  Thank Brenda G
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I love this place! It's a five minute drive from my office and they really know how to cater to the lunch time crowd!

The sandwiches and wraps are freshly made with the freshest of ingredients!

I have only ever had takeout, but you can dine in - get's very busy weekday lunch times!

I highly recommend!