“Glad we stumbled on this”

Prime Quarter Steak House
Ranked #11 of 174 Restaurants in Janesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our first choice place had a 45 minute wait, so drove around looking for something appealing. What a great find. The steaks (ribeye and tenderloin) were definitely choice. We didn't realize it was a "cook-your-own" place, but the staff explained everything, made it sound fun, and it was fun! Good salad bar. What I will do different next time is have salad, and then choose and cook steak. By 8PM, it started to fill up, so glad we got there early. Very competent staff.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We actually took our time, sat down had a drink before dinner, watched the SEC championship with beer brewed in Wisconsin and took in the aroma of grilled steak. The place was decorated festively and my wife said, "This is like a scene from a movie."

The steaks were awesome (you cook em yourself), couple of baked potatoes, garlic bread (you cook), and a salad. We did not count calories and just enjoyed. It was full on Saturday night, a lot of good energy and laughter. We spent almost 2 hours at dinner- which never happens- and for once we didn't feel rushed or pushed.

Dana was our server, she was excellent.- Can't wait to come back.

1  Thank StillmanValleyScott
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We all had the ribeye which was good. We had the chef cook the steaks and they were all done to our liking. Like another reviewer said its nothing special just an average steak house. The beer was warm. Dessert was good. A good night out with friends.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

All-in-all, Prime Quarter is very average. It's not bad, but nothing special. The steaks themselves are very large, but not the highest quality. I seriously question their claim that they are "choice" grade, as they have a lot of connective tissue and not much marbling. The "grill your own" concept is a nice gimmick, but I'd still rather have my steak seasoned and grilled by a professional chef. That said, price-wise, it is quite reasonable. It's about $15 to share a steak, which is enough for most people, or $25 if you want to have one all to yourself. I might go back, but I'm not in a big rush to return either.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

My family and I went to this steak house.

The steak I had was by far one of the best I have ever had. I do think that I prefer Ruth's Chris much better, but unfortunately they do not have a location close to Rockford. So, if you love steak and are in the greater Rockford area, this is a great place to go for a tasty steak.