“Pretty”

Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Janesville
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Pretty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I loved all the beautiful flowers and scenery that they have at the gardens, It is a very peaceful and relaxing. I would love to get married there next year if I can afford it.

Visited July 2014

Holmen, Wisconsin
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Thank You Rotary for creating this beautiful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had the opportunity to visit the Rotary Botanical Gardens this spring while in Janesville for business. What an extraordinary place! I learned that each year the Gardens take on a different theme - this year it involves the color Pink. A fantastic place to stretch ones legs - a very nice visitor center with wonderful gift shop and amenities. A truly magical place in Janesville. My thanks to the Rotarians who had the foresight to create these magnificent gardens.

Visited July 2014
Watertown, Wisconsin
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Wish there was a rating better than "Excellent!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I drove about an hour to see this beautiful Rotary Park today to compare it with what my Rotary Club does in one of our local parks. No comparison. The Janesville park is a gem, with an assortment of beautiful gardens, rocks, fountains, ponds, benches and a great variety of well maintained plantings, all situated on the site of a former quarry. And I haven't even discussed their prairie restoration project. The lady at the front door who took my $5.00 entry fee is a great advocate of and representative for the park, very patient and knowledgeable. Excellent stop.

Visited June 2014
Exeland, Wi
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Beautiful garden in a city with many parks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were in town for the UW-Whitewater graduation and wanted a nice place to walk in the morning before our departure for home. The motel clerk said there were many nice parks in town, but that the best and nicest was the Rotary Botanical Garden. She was right. The entrance fee was only $5.00 and well worth the price. We spent several hours walking the grounds. Even though it was early spring, there were many flowers in bloom and many plants and trees budding. The Japanese themed garden area was very nice, interesting and well laid out. Well worth the trip before the trip.

Visited May 2014
Chicago
195 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Beautiful gardens on a beautiful spring day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Such a delightful walk in Janeville's well-cared for and presented Botanical Gardens. Water features, bridges and plentiful trees added to the beauty. Benches with quotations are conveniently placed in the various themed areas. We were happy with well-marked plants. Many proud volunteers were tending the gardens during our visit. We'd like to return.

Visited May 2014