“Great stop on a road trip!”

Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Clean, quiet, comfortable, great beds and breakfast! We stopped without a reservation and were handled quickly and easily. Room rate was very reasonable. Easy on/off the highway. Good breakfast, friendly staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Everything was good, decent place to stay. Staff was friendly enough but you kinda picked up on the vibe that they were just doing enough without going out of their way. Room we were in was huge and clean, albeit a bit dated. Lots of shopping in the vicinity, however we were at the end of our vacation and essentially broke. Would most likely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2013

On our most recent stay we were able to use our points for a free stay which pleased us. The rooms are fairly spacious and clean. There was a noisy fan in the bathroom that always came on when the light was turned on so used the ceiling heater as a light to avoid this. Would like to have sink outside the bathroom so two could be getting ready at the same time. TV remote was tricky to operate and channels as listed in the information book did not match those on the TV. We did not swim this time but found the pool good on other stays. The breakfast was large and plentiful with a pancake maker, biscuits and gravey,eggs, bacon, plus the usual offerings. The problem was everything was luke warm, We wanted a microwave to heat the food up before eating it. Also only choice for fruit was bananas. There were 3 college baseball teams staying when we did and we were concerned when we checked in that it might be noisy but we never heard a thing from them and slept peacefully.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear rc5,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns and for choosing to stay with us again. We appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. Please accept our apologies for the issues you had encountered over breakfast. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Quick check-in for late arrivals. Morning breakfast staff very friendly and efficient. The location is just off I-39/I-90 about a 1/2 hour south of Madison. Nearby shopping and restaurants. The cleaning staff were very friendly, typical of the Midwest.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We enjoyed two nights at this hotel and found the staff very pleasant and helpful. Our room was clean and cozy, and breakfast had a good variety of food items to choose from. It is located right of the interstate making it very easy to find and convenient. I would stay here again if my travels take me to the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This hotel serves its purpose. Clean, very well located, good breakfast and comfortable beds.Good Internet speed

As a "business hotel" it is what is expected and needed

Not not many options in Janesville either,

I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2012

My second stop at this property, and it still has outdated decor. In fact, the decor verges on utilitarian and bland. I'm especially not a fan of the bathroom lighting (using the "motel cheap looking" plastic grating to pretend to cover the fluorescent lightbulb) or the outdated linoleum/formica type bathroom countertop (instead of more modern granite-type countertop seen at many Holiday Inn Expresses and other brands). Frankly, for as outdated as the decor currently is, the price asked is on the high end.

Some very minor cleanliness issues, but nothing that would cause most to feel uncomfortable. It's more "in the details" of cleanliness than anything major. I had no problem sitting in the room.

Internet access was only mediocre. In fact, it stopped connecting at one point and I frankly used the hotel next door for a connection.

Beds were very comfortable and rooms are good sized.

For the critique, their are still a number of plusses. Staff was very pleasant. Brittany, who checked me in, was accommodating and sociable. The breakfast hostess (who was there last time I was here) is also a delight to have around. Speaking of breakfast, it was the normal and expected positive Holiday Inn Express breakfast (yes, with the tasty cinnamon rolls I really don't need to be eating).

The hotel has easy access to the interstate and is in a popular area with food and shopping nearby.

Shower pressure was very strong so you won't have to worry about getting refreshed when you jump in.

If this hotel would just do its promised renovation, this would easily get an additional 1 or 2 dots to get it to Very Good or Excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank wouldbeworldtraveler
mkshis_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. They are so appreciated and needed, to know where we can improve and to know what we are doing correct. You are right, we are dated. And, it seems that we have been in the planning stages for quite some time. It seems like that to us as well. All I can ask is for your continued patience as the updating will be done. I was glad to read that you had some positive experiences as well. If you would like to discuss this with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kshisler@mhccinc.com.