“Nice recently upgraded hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Urbana, Illinois
“Nice recently upgraded hotel”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The daily breakfast is the best. Charlene keeps everything hopping and greets everyone warmly. The hotel has expanded the pool and the workout room. The rooms are comfortable. The new lobby and dining area are very nice. The upgrade is about 98% done and no inconvenience from small amount of work going on.

Room Tip: Rooms on non highway side very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel. As we do with all reviews, we have shared your comment with our staff - in particular, Charlene - who were all so happy to learn that we were able to make your stay memorable. Our renovations have been a long and tedious process, but we are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our brand new look. Thank you again for your business and for providing feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sunman, IN
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here one night during a recent bicycle tour through this area. The place has undergone a complete remodel and it is beautiful. The decor is very modern and the room was very roomy with comfortable bedding. We enjoyed the complimentary happy hour which came complete with a cookout. My husband enjoyed a brat along with his beer. The breakfast in the morning had plenty of choices and more than enough great food to fuel us on the next leg of our trip. If there is a downside to this motel I would have to say it is the front desk staff. They seemed somewhat bewildered by the arrival of 70 cyclists. I am sure that our rooms had been booked well in advance.
One woman was working on getting us checked in while two other employees just stood there looking confused.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear EMU_11:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us during Pedal Across America last month. We are pleased to hear that you liked our new renovations and that we were able to meet your expectations. I am so very sorry that the check-in process was tedious. You are correct, your rooms were booked in advance and we were not quite ready at our 3pm check-in time. We have reviewed your comments as a management team and will use them to ensure our teams are well prepared so that this type of experience is not repeated.

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Plover, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express again in May 2014. There was remodeling still going on but our room was done and it was very nice. The new updates are great. The pool area is smaller but the pool and jacuzzi are the same. Quaker Steak and Lube moved in right next to the hotel so all we had to do was walk across the parking lot to get to it . The lobby and outside was a little messy but not too bad.
We will continue to stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us once again, we are very appreciative of your loyalty to Holiday Inn Express and our hotel. As you saw, we are pleased you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and all of the work we have put into it to provide a truly unique experience for all of our guests. It is because of loyal guests like you that we continue to make improvements to our hotel and will continue to use comments from our guests to make our hotel better and better.

Thank you again for your business, we look forward to being able to welcome you again.
Kewanee, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here one night and really liked it. The lobby has a beautiful chandelier and a fireplace. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom had new slate floors, granite countertops and a step in shower with sliding glass doors. The breakfast was plentiful and constantly replenished. We would stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KRtravelmom
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you loved our newly renovated hotel. I have shared your feedback with both our employees and our owners who are always interested in hearing from our guests, their firsthand experiences. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope we can welcome you back again in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I say very good not because I had a very good experience but I'm cutting the facility dome slack for being under construction. I stayed in a renovated room, it was very, very, nice. The free breakfast they did what they could with the reroute because of construction. They worked on the room across the hall at 7 am which I didn't appreciate. You walk through construction on the first level it was just not good. I don't think they should have been open during that phase.
I will however, go back post construction and expect that it'll be fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
As always, thank you for your business and for writing about your experience. When you stayed with us in April you no doubt experienced us at the peak of renovation and I am pleased to let you know that we have made significant progress and are scheduled to be completely done within the next few weeks as we just has our finishing touches to complete. We truly can not wait for your return so you can experience our hotel in all of it's glory. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Twisp, Washington
Reviewed 22 May 2014

There is still major construction going on! The carpeting is not finished, if you don't watch your step you could trip on it. The rooms are not touched up, still have paint spots, and sheetrock dust all over. The elevator has blankets and cardboard on the walls. To get to my car I had to go under a cherry picker crane like machine. The noise from the construction workers was bad. I'm surprised the city does not make this hotel close down until the major remodeling is over. My husband is in a wheelchair and we did not feel safe during our stay!

• Stayed May 2014
While it is never easy to receive negative feedback we can't thank you enough for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. It is hard to renovate a fully operational hotel and we will use your feedback as a learning opportunity as we put the finishing touches on the hotel in the next few weeks to ensure this type of experience is not repeated. Our major construction is now completed and we are simply putting the finishing touches on the hotel both inside and out. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to experience our hotel once the renovations are fully completed. Please do not hesitate to contact me if your future travel plans return you to Janesville and I will do all I can to provide a positive experience for you. Thank you for your business and your willingness to share your experience.
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I attended a training today at the conference center at the Holiday Inn. I am a newer mom and I need to pump twice a day. The staff were not aware that I needed a special room. They went above and beyond to get me a private room so I could pump during my training. They even put paper up over the windows so I had privacy. Thank you for going above and beyond.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
We are so pleased to learn that even as a guest in our conference center you were able to provide such positive feedback. Our entire staff is trained to ensure that we take care of every single guest that walks through our doors. Thank you for sharing your experience.