“Great place to stay.”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Elk River, Minnesota
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were returning from a long road on the east coast and we happened to inquire about this Holiday Inn while on the road.
Staff was outstanding and helped a very tired and late arriving couple. Would highly recommend as the rooms were excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed you stay with us! We've all expereinced those long drives and we are happy you chose us to be your place to unwind and enjoy a comfortable night's sleep.

I hope you will come back and see us again when in the area. Thank you for your comments and please drive safe!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Janesville. When we checked in they informed us they had just finished a total remodel. We had a lovely room on the 3rd floor - big King size bed, sofa, lovely furnishings and very clean, modern bath. The hotel is right next to the interstate but we did not hear a PEEP from the traffic nor from anyone in the hotel. It was a very relaxing, quiet and nice stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 331 and found it very quiet and nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Jason P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so pleased you found your room quiet and comfortable. We are very excited about the renovations and it's comments like yours that make the months of construction worth while!

Please come back and see us again when in the Janesville area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here last week when in town visiting family. We had last-minute changes to our travel plans and had to book this the day of. We took the last room available--a room with two double beds with an adjoining door. We told them we were going to be in town for four days but wanted to move to a king-sized room as soon as it opened up. The night manager told us that would be no problem (they had availability) and that we only had to let them know the following morning by 11 if we wanted to stay the four nights, move as something else opened up, etc. The next morning we went down to map out our stay at the hotel for the rest of our trip but was told by the day manager that there was no availability and that we couldn't even stay in the room we had booked for that day. He was very condescending and made us feel like it was our fault the night manager told us the wrong thing. Finally he worked it out so we could stay in our existing room, but he wasn't nice or helpful. After getting automatically locked out of our room from the key card an hour later, we spoke to a nice girl working at the front desk who straightened everything out and set up our reservation to move into a king room the following night.

The hotel has recently been redone, which was nice, and we had no other issues other than the two guys in management who seemed a bit ignorant and angry at life in general. We simply avoided them and waited til someone else was at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room without an adjoining door...otherwise you can hear your neighbors.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I'm so pleased you enjoyed our hotel and liked the renovation.

I do apologize you had an issue with extending your stay. I have spoken to the staff involved and please know it was not anyone's intention to difficult. I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you on a future trip to Janesville. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nice and comfortable. The rooms are clean as with every IHG hotel. The assistant manager at the front desk needs an attitude adjustment or change in employment, rude to his coworker and guests. I moved my crew elsewhere based on him.

• Stayed August 2014
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize you found our Assistant General Manager rude. I can assure you that was not his intention. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service but we obviously missed the mark with your stay.

I am pleased you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. The renovation was just completed and as you saw the property is exceptional.

I apologize again for the experience you had with us and hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service in the future.
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here 4 years ago and this time was pleasantly surprised to see the newly renovated rooms. Nice atmosphere in rooms and the bed was very comfortable. The bedding and pillows were excellent! Had a very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for the terrific review! I'm so pleased you like our newly renovated hotel. As you experienced the rooms and common areas really are exceptional. We are a hotel so it's equally as important you had a good nights sleep.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and please don't wait 4 years to come back and see us again!
La Grange, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the property from 7/26/14-7/28/14. Upon booking back in January we were told that it was undergoing renovation and should be done by our stay. Lucky for us, it was! The rooms were very clean and nicely appointed with a mini-fridge and microwave. It was very obvious that the whole hotel and underwent a complete face lift. The only thing negative I can say is that the coin operated washer and dryer were not working. This was a small issue since we were there for a softball tournament and the girls uniforms could have used a machine wash. Other than that, we couldn't have been happier with our stay and look forward to our daughters team playing in the tournament next year and staying at the Holiday Inn Express Janesville, WI again!

Room Tip: Highly recommend for families or business travel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are so happy you like our renovations! I apologize the public washer and dryer were not operational. We did have a call in to get them repaired but unfortunately they were not able to get to repair until after the weekend.

We look forward to having your group back again next year. It was a joy to have a group that were well behaved and respected other guests!
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Spent a night here recently after having stayed here about 4 yrs ago. We found it a great place the first time and even better this time with the recent updating remodeling. We make it a practice to stay at Holiday Inn Express whenever it is feasible. The only issue we found this time is that it is definitely overpriced for the area. We lived in Janesville for over 20 yrs and are familiar with the attractions and business conferences that are held in the area and when compared to other cities found it to be about 25% more expensive. With several industries having left the city one would expect a better value. The rooms are very nice and they serve the usually broad varieties of this chain's breakfast. One additional perk is an evening reception of beer and wine along with some warmed up appetizers, popcorn and cookies. A nice touch but not enough for the overpricing. It ha a good location close to about anything you want or need. Will more than likely stay again if in the area but wish they would reduce the price.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple