“Hampton Inn Janesville”

Hampton Inn Janesville
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The rooms at this Hampton Inn are a bit bigger than typical.
The front desk staff were quite engaging.
The breakfast was lively with the full range of fresh options.
The hotel is just off of the freeway, but an easy drive into the core of Janesville.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn of Janesville for your stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn of Janesville. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area. If there is anything I can assist you with to make your future visits more enjoyable please feel free to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Janesville

Reviewed 19 November 2013

UGH. We arrived late on a very cold, very windy day after a very long day in the car. The reviews had been good so were looking forward to a relaxing night. My husband went to check in and I waited in the car. And waited. And waited. I finally sent him a text asking what in the world was going on and he said no one was at the front desk! I said well come out with a cart and lets unload while we wait. My husband said there were no carts in sight. So I went in and finally, the front desk person came running down the hall - to answer the ringing phone. He obviously was working 2 jobs at once. They need 2 people on duty especially at night! He pointed us in the direction of the carts - across the lobby, past the eating area, near the pool -why not by the door? The room was cold so we turned on the heat which caused a burned dust smell to permeate the room. The front of the heater was thick with dust. The room was dark and overcrowded with furniture. So crowded that you couldn't open the closet door because the nightstand was crammed against it. Take out the grungy sofa and move the bed down so people can use the closet! I noticed then that my ankles were feeling a cold breeze - the wind was blowing in under the heater/AC unit! We took pillows off the bed and shoved them under the unit to block the wind.

Now as for the cleanliness.... We made sure none of our things touched the floor. Dead bugs in the bathroom light fixture, there was a huge long dusty web that went from the mirror to the cubbies where the towels were kept - was the spider in the towels? The bathroom tray that holds the shampoo etc. looked like someone had spit toothpaste on it some time ago. One of the samples was a little crusty. There were dirty spots on the bathroom floor and the mirror was cleaned as far up as the housekeeper could reach. Above that it was filthy and a previous guest had written "Good Morning" in the crud on the mirror. We got out our trusty wipes and wiped off anything we planned on touching. As we did so we noticed that above the filthy sofa there was another longer even dustier spider web, and another above the bed and even more around the curtains. By now I know I won't be sleeping all that well but my husband is dead tired and wiping the webs. Of course I am wondering where are the spiders? The lamp shades were thick with dust, the back edge of the sofa that touched the wall was so thick with dust I could not believe it. We somehow got through the night, got up early and left. Didn't check out the dining area, but the front desk person and dining room person were sitting out in the front lounge area, laughing it up nice and loud. Not overly professional and for sure not as busy as the poor guy the night before. We didn't eat there. Somehow didn't think it would be clean. We will not stay here ever again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MNClean
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hampton Inn's are normally decent places, this one was too close to the highway (can't figure out who would allow this decision at HI headqtrs). Vey noisy! had to run the exhaust fan in the bathroom to drown out highway noise, good thing the fan was loud too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The friendliness of the staff was outstanding here. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and that we didn't hear any noise from the other rooms. Even though this hotel is dated it was very comfortable and colorful. Also, no stale smoke smell.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very good hotel. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, friendly front desk and the breakfast had a lot of choices including waffle irons, cereal, toast/bagels, eggs & sausage. I was pleased with my stay and would definitely stay here again. It's right off the interstate and there's also a Cracker Barrel that's just a walk across the parking lot so dinner was easy too. Perfect for my needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Beautiful hotel from the lobby to the rooms to the pool (though the water temp was a little cold). Really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the 24 hr coffee/tea area. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again. Really nice/friendly employees

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Trust Hampton and all Hilton Properties! Located right off Interstate 90 and close to restaurants. Staff is friendly and room was clean, mattress was perfect and breakfast was good. I used to the workout facility and it was above par considering it's a hotel. Did not use the indoor pool or business lounge, but was notified where it was when checking in. Again, always a great stay.