“Basic place to sleep when traveling”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Going through the sate and needed a place to sleep. Had a coupon from the Interstate rest area. for a low cost room here. Room was satisfactory - nothing special. It was better than the last time I stayed at an Econo Lodge a few years ago. Bed was comfortable and the place was quiet. There are a couple of places to eat supper within an easy walk. The breakfast was good. One problem was a smokey smell in the hall when we were going to our room; perhaps someone decided to chane a charge for smoking in thier room.

Room Tip: Look for hotel coupons at Interstate rest areas for a good deal
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MNVikesfan

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Living in Central Wisconsin, and traveling frequently on International Flights from Chicago, I find it necessary to drive to Janesviile, WI and take a bus direct to O'Hare field. When the hours get crazy, I have found it useful to drive and spend the night, then catch the earliest bus to O"Hare. While there are other inexpensive hotels in this area - two of them are bad and one is horrible. The best value I've found is the Econo Lodge where I've stayed 3 times and never found a problem. Guest check-in is always friendly and helpful. Rooms have always been clean, well appointed and very comfortable. Rates are easy on the budget! When you need a place to rest, and to feel safe and have a convenient location - can't beat this place!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tiguaguy
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here last year but the overall quality of the facility has deteriorated considerably since last year. The carpets are filthy. Parts of the corridors smelled. I don't need fancy - but it HAS to be clean. Also someone checked in during the night and that was the end of my sleep - ceilings are not very sound proof.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank PEIOAD
Reviewed 9 September 2012

BE CAREFUL PRE-SCHEDULING AND PAYING AHEAD OF TIME ON RESERVATIONS WITH THIS LOCATION!
We pre-scheduled our trip cross country. This Econolodge was on our route. We reserved a room through Hotels.com several days ahead and pre-paid the room. It was scheduled for Friday night. When we were going to leave Sioux Falls, SD, Friday morning, my friend took sick. She had to be admitted that day to Avera McKennan Hospital with pneumonia. We could not then travel to Janesville to arrive that night. After she was admitted, I called Hotels.com to try to reschedule. I was told it was after the 24 hr cancellation period. They could not help but I should try to call the hotel myself. I did call. After much conversation and advising that I had no way to know ahead of time that my traveling partner was going to be hospitalized, they said they would reschedule for Sunday. They would not consider any other alternative and this was the final consideration. I asked if they would please reconsider the rescheduled date since I had no way of knowing if she would be out of the hospital by Sunday morning in order for us to travel to Janesville that day. They refused. It is now Saturday night. She is still in the hospital, not scheduled to be discharged tomorrow. I cannot get the reservation rescheduled. I have been told I have lost my money. Nice. I wonder how much money they collect on rooms that never get used? I certainly will not reschedule with this facility. I guess it's only the money that counts, not the people.

Room Tip: Don't pre-pay!
Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Romella S
Reviewed 4 September 2012

You can rest assured in this motel: clean, quiet, comfortable beds, nice staff, handy to the freeway, decent price, no insects. We arrived late, late on our way to Michigan and were still received graciously. Did I mention Clean!!! Yes!

Room Tip: We stayed there two nights, once on 1st floor and once on second. IF I remember right, going up to 2...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WISCONSINFOLKS
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Our overall stay here really wasnt that bad. We werent sure what we were in for due to the exterior of the building looking dated. We were pleased with the room, except for the bathroom which,like others have stated, is extremely small. The bathroom door should be replaced as should the actual shower. Both have seen better days. The free breakfast looked like other continental breakfasts, we only had a little bit of the biscuits and sausage gravy......they were tasty! We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank cctravelers99
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here after a wedding. Bed was really comfortable. Room was clean. Front desk employees were extremely courteous and helpful. Nice to have a small continental breakfast. Old motel that has been renovated. Good place to spend a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple