“OK Chinese”

Ranked #9 of 172 Restaurants in Janesville
Redmond, Oregon
“OK Chinese”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Cozy Inn is a nice space, but be aware that access is up a flight of very steep and narrow stairs. Portions are large. Vegetables are nicely done. The sauce on both my husband's and my dish was very dark, not what we are used to, but still good. The service was excellent. If you can manage the access, the Cozy Inn is a good place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Carol N

“GREAT Chinese Food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the best place to eat in Janesville. It has a great atmosphere...it is quite historical...been around for decades. I highly recommend the egg rolls and sweet and sour. Also, the Won Ton Soup is a family favorite.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ryan M
Janesville, Wisconsin
“It is one of the best for Chinese in Janesville”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

First, we have lived in Janesville for 19 years. Originally from the Milwaukee area and still return there often to dine. I am familiar with many cuisines and restaurants. Not to be condescending, but we have noticed that what most Janesville natives find good in food is usually not the case. Yes, our opinion, but we have visitors regularly and have had more disappointing dining experiences when trying to find a good meal for them then we would like. Sorry for the long lead in, but keep this in mind when you read Janesville reviews.
Okay, that said, Cozy Inn is one of the top 3 for Chinese in the Janesville area. I include Milton where there is a very good Chinese takeout and dine in place in the old "Junction" area. But Cozy Inn would be our choice in Janesville. Barring the steep stairs for those with mobility issues, it is a first choice.
When we last dined, there were myself, wife, and one of her friends. We all shared appetizers of egg rolls and crab rangoon. The egg rolls were crisp, hot, and flavorful. The crab rangoon was about typical of most garden variety Chinese restaurants and wonder it they all get it frozen from some supplier. . . tasty enough though.
I had Chicken Sub Gum Chop Suey, wife had Sweet & Sour Chicken, and friend had Chicken Chop Suey. The portions were more than enough for each of us and we all took some home. The chicken in all our dishes was tender and plentiful. I enjoyed the tender, but still crisp vegetables in my Chicken Sub Gum and I tasted the Sweet & Sour Chicken my wife had and found it not overly sweet, but light and refreshing. All our dishes were freshly made and no hint of "warmed over" or microwaved food types.
All in all, the Cozy Inn offers great tasting Chinese that I have had many times over the 19 years we have lived here and is comparable to other Good Chinese restaurants in larger cities where there are more choices. Trying not to be snobbish here, just an opinion based on our experience. So if you are in the area and looking for Chinese, Cozy Inn is one of the best choices.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jay N
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Good Food with a step back in time!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

First off, the Cozy Inn is the oldest operating chinese restaurant in the state. While they have updated it - they've kept the original, huge circular booths that gives this restaurant it's name and feeling - Cozy! You need to go just to enjoy the steep climb up the stairs and the old time atmosphere, and the food of course!
The staff are pleasant and hard working! You never have to wait long for your food. Their egg drop soup is like none other. My favorite! Choose anything you like of the menu - it's all good.
Some of my top choices are: cashew chicken, chicken hong sue and their mongolian beef or the beef and broccoli. I love the tea they serve!

GO and enjoy!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Temple_seeker853
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Best Chinese in Janesville”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The Cozy Inn has the best Chinese in Janesville. The service is always great. The main waitress is very polite & always has a smile on her face. The food is reasonably priced for the portions. The quality of the food is by far one of the best of any Chinese restaurants I've personally had. Food tastes fresh & meat is always moist. My boyfriend & I frequently visit for special occasions. We are never disappointed.

Visited February 2014