Ramada Janesville
Quality Inn(Janesville)
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn(Edgerton)
Average 3/5
All reviewsa nice place to staythe staff was greatbed was very comfortablejanesville wifridge and microwavefront desk staffkarlandersontruckcarpetinginterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The place needs some work on the rooms, some are in very bad shape. Stay away from the pool side rooms unless you want to be kept awake by some playing pool and being loud in general! We got into town around 10 pm and called for a room, the lady was not sure if she had one or not, we finally drove there and got a room, she struggled with questions I had, but finally got us checked in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Karl A, General Manager at Ramada Janesville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately I am Unable to respond appropriately as this occurred under prior ownership and management.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Having stayed here many times when it was a Best Western, the friendly employees and good inexpensive food in the restaurant are what save this establishment from being rated less. This hotel is a typical example of where corporate chain management is just squeezing every dime out of the place & hasn't invested a penny, improved or upgraded anything other than maybe routine maintenance related to the building or rooms in many, many years. It's unfortunate, this place used to be a good mid range hotel and place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I read some of the other reviews that were somewhat negative and I wonder what these people truly expect. I have been staying there every 3 months for the last 3 years and I was even there when it was still Best Western. I find the staff very accomodating. The bar staff are always friendly and fun. I have never had a bad meal there and the rooms are very clean. I like the fact that I get off the interstate and park the truck and do not have to go anywhere until the next day. Everything I need is there...will always be staying there!

Room Tip: I like poolside. Not the poolside view, because then you may end up on the upper floor overlooking the pool. Ask for "pooloside" and because of the layout of the hotel you will actually end up on the main floor. I belive the price is only a few dollars more....but I like the fact that I don't have to walk through the hotel to get to the pool. If you saw me in a bathing suit, you would thank me for choosing poolside and not walking around the hotel..lol
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bevyk44

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Had a horrible stay at this hotel! The elevator is very very small and barely accomodates the luggage cart! We had difficulties navigating through the hotel,as there are no automatic doors. Seems like the place needs an update. We ventured down to the lower level which looked somewhat like a dungeon. I was there to attend an event, and we started 1 hour + late because the staff did not have the room set the way it was needed. We were standing around waiting for them to dig the podium and microphone out of storage, when we were told it would be there prior to our event start time. The room was spacious and clean (a plus) but very out dated! Pool is nice. Overall experience wasn't the best. Save your money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I had my wedding here this past weekend and everything with the wedding was wonderfu. They were great to work with and the ballroom was amazing. The pool is nice and big. We were given a suite for having the wedding there and suite was wonderful!! The regular rooms were nothing special. They were old and dated but nothing I couldn't handle. The rooms are nothing fancy but the people I worked with there were wonderful. I know some guests were a little upset they did not have a mini fridge or anything in the rooms. Bottom line, the rooms are not fancy but the pool kicks butt and it beats the hotel across the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple