“Great Food and Excellent Service”
Review of Milwaukee Grill

Milwaukee Grill
Ranked #2 of 174 Restaurants in Janesville
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Milwaukee Grill is a local restaurant, bar & grill in Janesville, WI with outside patio seating and a private banquet room. Independently owned and operated for over 25 years, "The Grill" has served quality food to discerning customers who enjoy fresh approaches to classic American Cuisine. From fresh seafood, tender marinated chicken and fall-off-the-bone barbecued ribs, to a burger with more toppings than you can fit in your mouth - freshness and quality always prevail. We never take the shortcut or sacrifice quality for cost. Our staff members honestly enjoy our customers and will do their best to make your visit memorable - each time you dine with us!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I would definitely return to this restaurant over and over again if I lived in Jamesville or nearby.

The wait staff are excellent, they know the menu and can make good recommendations for food. I had the "Smothered Chicken" which was a six ounce, juicy chicken breast topped with red, green, and yellow bell peppers and onions all of which were seasoned nicely.

I had a glass of house cabernet which came to me in a generous serving and in an appropriate wine glass. The wine was delicious. I forgot to ask for the winery.

I also gobbled down the cheese curds which were fresh, and they were fried nicely. No overbearing breading here... the chef allows the cheese to sing. It was refreshing.

I really liked the atmosphere, but it isn't an up to date or fresh look. The restaurant has more of an early 90s steak house flair, but that is alright by me and especially when the food is so good!

There are newer reviews for Milwaukee Grill

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here based on Tripadvisor ratings. Restaurant was clean and staff was friendly. Food was good. Didn't care for the haystack onions flavor. Can't quite put my finger on the different taste of them.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We met up with family here as it was centrally located for us and none of us had been there before. The prices were good and we could talk or watch the game. Everyone liked what they ordered, which is unusual for us. We had 2 8th grade boys with us and 5 adults. They boys wanted healthy as they had a soccer tourney the next day, not the easiest to find on the menu, most was higher fat, or calorie but it was all good.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have driven to Chicago so many times in the 32 years we have lived in Minneapolis that our car could do it without our driving it. Over those years we have always sought out a reliable restaurant where we could stop for lunch or dinner and we have finally found it. Milwaukee Grill is really good. In my mind to get a five star rating the place has to be really GREAT but for Janesville this place shines. One of the menu items is fresh lake perch, something you rarely see on a menu and it is one of my faves. There's is lightly breaded and fried and was as sweet and tasty as you can get. The broasted chicken is good too. We are going through there again this coming weekend and two weekends after that. YES we will stop there and recommend that others do to.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Great food and service was very good.great prices that wont break your budget. Cant wait to be back.if you get a chance to visit you wont walk away disappointed