“Thhis place is worth trying out!!!!!!!!!”

Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Johnson Creek
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We went with a group of kids and it was so nice BIG ROOMS, Indoor pool, The kids had a great time. This is right next to a Hugh out let mall!!! Try it out we loved it. Our Show Choir group will stay here again:)

Room Tip: Loved this place!!! Great shopping
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank disney30

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had our wedding at the JC Plaza in August and it was a great day for all involved. After a few kinks in the planning process, all of which were worked out very reasonably by Dave and his event staff, the whole thing came together superbly. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced - everyone loved it! The banquet hall looked great with the chair covers and ties, vases, and the extra up-lighting we ordered. A lot of our family traveled in from out of town to be there and they all really enjoyed their stay at the hotel with glowing reports of the clean and comfortable rooms. For the amount of people we invited (approx. 300) we felt like it was great value for money and a great time for all.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Our club had a convention here and after setting a few hiccups in the details our venue was beautiful, the food was good and so was the service. We are a small club, less than 75, and they were willing to work with us to get the price to where we could afford to have a nice banquet.

Room Tip: I personally did not stay as we drove home after our banquet
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Attended an event for work and will never return. The location is so out of the way that I stopped in Johnson Creek and called the hotel for directions from my location--but the front desk clerk didn't know if the road to the property was north or south of the Interstate (it's north). She told me she doesn't do directions very well--and that's the type of front desk service provided. Event rooms were dirty. Food was poor. Stayed overnight in a room of questionable cleanliness. One tip--if you have to stay here, bring your own soap because only the teensiest, tiniest soap bars in the world are provided. Better yet, don't set food on this property.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 298DickZ
Dave E, General Manager at Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you for your review of JC Plaza Hotel and Conference Center. I am very sorry to hear that you were so disappointed with our customer service and directions to the property. Your feedback will be a teachable moment in which we will learn to do better as for directions and cleanliness of the property.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had a function there on Oct 28th and had a block of rooms reserved. We were the DJ for the event and needed internet access which we were assured they had ahead of time. When we got there their internet was down and they said it would be back up in an hour which would have been fine since we got there plenty early enough to set up. Three hours later it still was not back up, Luckliey someone in our party had a wireless hotspot card we could use. The internet never did come back up. The staff wasn't very attentive to our needs as well. The dinner they provided was ok. The bar was supposed to stay open late for our event but was closed by 9. Also, the price of there drinks was outragous, 3.50 for a bottle of beer and some of the mixed drinks were up to 10.00/drink. None of the doors going in and out of the buliding were handicapped equiped. There were 4 our group that were either in wheelchairs or on mobility scooters. Our handicappe accesible room was not very handicappe accesible. The food for breakfast was good but not very warm. We had to ask for regular cream for the coffee, and they didn't have sugar-free syrup or jellies. The only redeeming quality about this hotel was the fact that the beds and pillows where really comfortable. Also, one of the people in our party had asked for a wake call and never got it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica L

Thank you for feedback concerning your stay at the JC Plaza Hotel and Conference Center. We do strive to provide comfortable sleeping arrangements, so I'm glad your bed and pillow were very comfortable.I was very perplexed to learn of your problems with the internet and inattentive staff. The leader of the function did give us positive feedback on the food and left very happy with his event. At the JC Plaza Hotel and Conference center we welcome all reviews as a chance to get better so thanks for pointing out what we need to work on.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I used this hotel the weekend of October 21-23rd for my wedding guests (we did not have the reception at the hotel and I'm extremely happy about that). The only description for the customer service at this hotel is "horrible." DO NOT use this hotel if you appreciate courteous, friendly and helpful service. You won't get it. Below is a summary of the primary issues we had with this hotel:

Check-in:
We booked our block of rooms in April and were assured early check-in would be "no problem." Check-in time is 3pm and our off-site wedding was at 4 pm, so most guests wanted early check-in to get ready. As the wedding approached we were told they couldn't guarantee early check-in and "no one would have guaranteed it." This was untrue as the manager of the hotel in April did guarantee early check-in. Now, normally, I would be understanding with hotel staff not guaranteeing early check-in when the hotel was full. However, the staff were consistently rude, condescending and unprofessional when they told guests they couldn't promise they could honor the early check-in request. They delivered thier message with a tone that basically told my guests they were stupid and annoying for even asking for early check-in. The staff could have delivered the message in a polite and accomodating manner but they did not. Ultimately, they did manage to accommodate most, if not all early check-in requests, but the horrible manner in which they handled these requests is really all we remember about the experience.

Hotel Bar:
We had called to inquire about the total number of rooms we had booked so we could prepare welcome bags. The gentleman on the phone gave us a number and also let us know the hotel would be providing a late night happy hour for post-wedding celebrants. I thought this was great as there are not any bars nearby and I didn't want my guests driving. I added this to our welcome message and LESS THAN 24 HOURS prior the hotel called and said that "no one would have promised the bar and that they never do something like that." Again, I hadn't asked for this service, it was offered. The staff then told us that they don't like "my kind" at the hotel. The only thing I can imagine that meant was happy, celebratory people. They then pre-emptively threatened to call the police if any of my guests was too intoxicated or caused problems. I was extremely insulted by this behavior and felt my business was unwelcome and undesired. Anyone who has worked in any sort of customer service knows that making your guests feel welcome is rule number one.

Rooms:
Several of the rooms had dead outlets so people couldn't program the alarm clock (calls to the front desk requesting wake-up calls were unanswered), use a hair dryer, etc.

Continental Breakfast:
The hotel is supposed to have a hot continental breakfast. Unfortunately all the food was cold.

I will NEVER, EVER return and if you are planning a wedding DO NOT book here. The added stress and concern is not worth it. Definitely go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ajatmont13

Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for writing a summary of issues that need our attention. No excuse can be made for you to be treated in a rude or condescending manner, so we as a team are truly apologetic that you felt this way. We have had many positive responses from wedding groups all summer and into the fall, so we will take this feedback as an opportunity to do a better job with our customer service in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

I called ahead and asked about their so called "8000"sq foot "family friendly" pool area. I was told "It is beautiful you will love it!" We checked into our room( it was clean and comfortable however I brought a fan along and when I tried to plug it in the outlet was dead...I searched and searched for a light switch that would make it work.....none to be found. I did find one that did work behind the tv) We then took our toddlers down to take a look at the very exiting 8000sq ft family friendly pool area to find out that the kiddie area had no water. Needless to say not beautiful or family (with small children) friendly. We were so disappointed we almost checked out immediately. If we had been smart we would have gone in and looked before we unloaded and checked in. We will NEVER NEVER NEVER stay here again. 3 stars is a joke. The breakfast goes for about 4 hours we came down 2 hours into serving-they had sausage gravy zero biscuits, potatoes, scrambled eggs with cheap grizzle filled ham, 1 muffin, 2 pieces of bread,2 english muffins, a waffle maker, fresh melon w grapes, apple and orange juice well 1 glass of orange juice and apple juice. Nobody ever came in to check if anything needed to be refilled or to wipe tables off. Our room key had an advertisement for dominoes pizza so I called for delivery to find out the location of the restaurant was Wisconsin Dells. So we looked in the "book" about the motel and did find a place that delivered but no menu so I had to ask about everything from the poor waitress on the phone. DECEPTION IS THE ONLY WAY TO DESCRIBE THIS MOTEL!!! Lie after lie. The only good thing is that they discounted our room rate to half because I got half of what I was expecting.

Room Tip: DONT PICK ONE HERE!!!!! If you are going to stay anyroom would work they are very quiet and comforta...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Virginia K

The staff at the JC Plaza are very sorry that you felt misled by any advertisements about our pool area. The last ad concerning the kiddie was from 2009, shortly before the kiddie area closed. Our hot breakfast usually gets rave reviews from our guests, so it comes as a big suprise that our breakfast let you down. Thanks for the feedback so we can review our policies and procedures and make them better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Lake Mills

Been to Comfort Suites of Johnson Creek? Share your experiences!