“good staff, but very unfriendly unaccommodating management”

Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Madison, Wisconsin
“good staff, but very unfriendly unaccommodating management”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We arrived a few minutes early for check in, and though the hotel was as good as empty, and the rooms clean, the management made us wait until check in time.
While waiting for check in I went to the laundry room to do my laundry. The manager followed me down and told me that since I was not checked in yet I was not allowed to do my laundry. The rest of the staff was friendly. The rooms were clean, but not very nice, and the management was overly strict and unaccommodating. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 October 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding at the Kenosha Yacht Club. As far as location, its perfect. It has a great view of Lake Michigan and it's close to all the downtown businesses. But for the price, even the wedding rate, its definitely not a great value considering the hotel appearance and amenities. It could definitely use an aesthetic and more modern makeover. The bathroom is very small and there is very little counter space. The rate just doesn't support the "brand" of hotel or the city. Its downtown Kenosha, not downtown Milwaukee or Chicago. I guess you're really just paying a premium for being on the lake. One plus is the complimentary breakfast. There are a lot of choices and a pretty good sized eating area in the lobby. Overall, had a great time at the wedding and was glad the hotel was so close to the yacht club, but I wouldn't pay to stay here again if I was just visiting.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Rockford
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I have no complaints. We had a great stay here. The rooms were clean (not spotless) & we could not here anything outside our room. Great view of the harbor. Kids had a blast in the warm pool. My only complaint would be the supposedly full breakfast. That was not a full breakfast more like a continental. Close drive to Six Flaggs. Very comfortable place. We will be going back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
harborsideinn, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 17 February 2011
We would like to thank you for staying with us back in August and for your review. We value your guest and their opinions. We hope to see you back with us this Summer. Keep your eye out for some exciting annual AND new events scheduled for the Downtown Kenosha area this Summer. And what better place to stay then right in the heart of all the fastivities.
St. Louis
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Upside- *I got a great rate.
* shower pressure is strong
* location on the harbor is beautiful
* terrific Italian restaurant across the street
* other restaurants, bars nearby

Downside
* hard bed
* to get to upper floors you have to take the stairs, take two separate elevators, or a combination of stairs and elevator

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank fancylittlelaminated
harborsideinn, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 27 July 2010
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Harborside Inn & Kenosha Conference Center for your June stay and thank you for your feedback of your stay. I would like to respond to the elevator / stairwell comment. I apologize for any frustration that may have accrued in getting to your room. The hotel was uniquely built on a hillside overlooking the Lake Michigan Harbor therefore making it a unique set up with the elevator / stairwell. To put it in some sort of perspective our 3rd floor is at street level.
Again thank you for your stay and thank you for your review of the hotel.
We hope to see you back soon.
Yvette -

Travellers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Illinoise
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Great location on harbor, walking distance to restaurants. But when I walked into the lobby, was floored by a combination of chlorine ( from nearby pool), cig smoke, and a musty air. Room was OK for price, no fridge or micro and TV from the 90's. Room was fairly clean and beds OK. Went to pool lounge to watch March Madness but TV there and in lobby was inoperable and very helpful and courteous staff said its been out for some time. Best (?) Western. Get rid of smoking (July in WI) and update TV and replace carpeting and not such a bad place.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
harborsideinn, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 1 April 2010
I would like to first thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Harborside Inn & Kenosha Conference Center. We also agree on the non smoking issue and even thou the law goes into effect July 5 2010 we will be non smoking as of April 30 2010. After reviewing our front desk logs we see that there was an area outage with our local cable company and was effecting the lobby area TV.
Again, thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your review and hope to see you back on your next visit to Kenosha.
Kenosha
Reviewed 8 February 2010

We live in Kenosha and last winter the pipes in our condo froze and then burst while my wife and I were at work. Due to the extensive damage we could not live there until everything was fixed. The Best Western was the closest hotel to our home so we decided to try to work out an extended stay with them until the work was done. The initial staff that we came in contact with were very rude and came accross as "put out" by having to do their jobs. We ended up staying there for 2 nights and I spent the entire next day looking for another hotel. The room was not cleaned well, it hadn't been updated since the the 80's or early 90's and just looked worn out. The couple of times that I went to the desk to ask a question, or to see if they could provide a service I was spoken down to and treated with disrespect. We were happy to leave and ended up out at the Holiday Inn Express and had a wonderful experience!

This Best Western needs to update its decor, work on it's customer service and lower it's prices. It's a hotel with a cheap/sleazy motel feel about it. It could be so much more.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank garreck
harborsideinn, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 18 February 2010
I would like to personally apologize for your experience at the Best Western Harborside Inn during the clean-up of your unfortunate mishap at your home last winter. The hotel has been under a new management team since and we are proud to have them. This new team that we have created has over 45 years of hotel and hospitality experience combined. I encourage you to stop in the hotel at anytime and take a tour of the rooms and banquet space I am confident that you will be satisfied and would not hesitate to return or recommend us to family, friends or co-workers. If there are any questions I can answer for you please do not hesitate to contact us.
peytonmanning18
Reviewed 19 November 2009

I found my stay to be exceptional. The front desk staff was quick and polite, I didnt have a reservation and they worked the rate for us, and got us into a beautiful Harborside room. The room was beautiful, and extremely clean, and I love the Extra large towels! The location is also great, while there is no restaurant on property there are several within walking distance. I found this hotel to be a hidden gem, in an amazing location with plenty to offer.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Harborside Inn & Kenosha Conference Center for your November stay. We are happy that you found our accommodations exceptional (and yes, those views of the Harbor are BEAUTIFUL.. everyday is a different scene) We look forward to your return stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Best Western Executive Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
Candlewood Suites Kenosha

Been to Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside? Share your experiences!