“Hate it and I haven't even slept yet.” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Kirkville, Iowa, United States
“Hate it and I haven't even slept yet.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We get here and the WHOLE first floor is under construction. The walls are torn apart, the floors are sticky and basically not even floors. Keep in mind, you have to walk through all of this to get to the pool. (Which at deepest is 3ft, not very fun for swimming unless you are a small child.) The whole building is extremely outdated and hard to navigate. We stayed on the fifth floor and if you want to avoid the construction on your way up you have to take a big detour, using 2 completely different elevators. I took a short shower and the whole tub filled up and would not drain for over half an hour, so we called the desk asking for Draino or something that WE could do (which requires no work from them at all) and they said to just wait it out. Luckily about two hours later it was empty. There were loose cords and wires sticking out from the wall under the desk. There was peeling, dirty wallpaper. The whole place was extremely outdated. The only real positive here was looking out the window at the beautiful harbor lights. We had a pretty nice view if you don't include the room.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views of harbor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brandy F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Konigswinter, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed one short night at the Best Western - 2nd floor. Our room had harbor view which provided us with a great view esp. in the morning. The building is old(er) and under construction/remodeling. The whole 1st floor was torn up - there was no info on when remodeling will be finished. The structure is on a slope with the reception area half a floor up/down - no easy way to get to to your room, escalators from ground do not stop at reception level, ground floor had steps to street so it looked to me as if the rooms are not wheelchair accessible. Our room was near the pool area and there was a distinct chlorine smell in the hallway (but not in the room).
The room was spacious enough but not inspiring - Best Western standard but for the great view. hallway noise entered the room (old doors). There is a pool which we did not use.

The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast (complimentary!) was ok - not as good as some reviews say: scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, ... some whole fruit, coffee (urn) and various packaged things (flakes, yoghurt,...). It is served in the hotel lobby.
There was free wireless internet in the room.
Given the free breakfast, internet, and location it is a good alternative to staying out near I-94,

Room Tip: Request room with Harbor view! Higher up is better.
1 Thank Juergen1960
Griffith, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Whole first floor was under construction!!!! No Hot Water For 2 Days !!!!!! Spa Was 115 Degrees! Burned my husband and I . Spiders next to pool and on door of exit. Best thing about hotel was the view of Lake Michigan from the outside! Our room had a view of a wall...lol

Room Tip: Choose a lakeside room or dont stay!
2 Thank Kelly P
GMTonyCruz, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
I appoligize for the issues you had at my hotel. We had a hot waterline break and flood the entire first level. We are in the process of fixing the issues and speeding up or renovation plans for the first floor. This was an issue out of the hotel control and I appoligize you experienced this durning your stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Travellers are raving about these Kenosha hotels

Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We checked in to the Best Western Harborside around 3 PM. They didn't have a king room available, as requested (one of the housekeepers had called in sick), so we were upgraded to a two double bed room harborside. The desk attendant/manager said she was sorry they were out of hot water at the moment...but expected to have it back in order any time since they'd called a plumber. We unloaded and settled in for the evening.

Around 5 PM we happened to go down to the ground floor to exit by the harbor and take a walk. That's when we saw water pooled in the hallway on the ground floor. People were trying to use a sump pump...that wasn't working. Two plumbing trucks were sitting in the parking lot. I spoke with one of the plumbers and he said they had discovered the "hole" in the water pipe.

We bailed out on the hotel and went over closer to the interstate where we would begin our trip for the next day.

I'd choose this hotel again...even though we've never spent an entire night there. The hotel has a great location within walking distance of restaurants and attractions. The view of the harbor is wonderful and I can see sitting out on one of the many benches around the walkway to take in the evening with music drifting across from a nearby waterfront restaurant. The room we were in was clean and nicely furnished. The manager was very nice throughout the whole experience. Next time.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMTonyCruz, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western Harborside Kenosha we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. Please take my personal apology for the inconveniences during your stay at my hotel.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed here on July 27th and 28th for a family reunion. This hotel is pretty good. I stayed on the 2nd floor the 27th which was pretty nice. I stayed on the 4th floor on the 28th. I got a view of the harbor leading out to Lake Michigan which was just great. I felt that the bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner, but they are currently renovating so I didn't mind. Both the ice machines and the soda machines didn't work so you had to go down to the lobby for them, but it didn't bother me. The free breakfast was lovely. Same goes for the pool and the hot tub. I remember on the 28th I was walking backwards and I tripped and I faceplanted into the 130 degree hot tub, but I had a good laugh with my cousins afterwards. So overall a pretty good hotel.

Room Tip: On the 28th, I got a harbor view room and it was a good value
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert D
GMTonyCruz, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
From the hotel staff and management we want to Thank You for your business and kind remarks about our hotel. The new owners and management have been working hard to remodel, reshape and clean this hotel. It very rewarding to see our hard work is appreciated. Thank you for your business, and have a great day.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

This hotel is next to the harbor and park, so you can watch the boats and walk around. It is a very peaceful place, mostly people walking around or fishing. It is a nice place to relax, like an old time village. The hotel is on a hill so parking is more difficult. The rooms were average but the beds were comfortable and clean. Their breakfast buffet was plentiful. We stayed one night and would stay there again. There is a couple of museums you can walk to and a trolley to ride.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Catherine P
GMTonyCruz, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks on my hotels. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Have a great day!
O'Fallon, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We arrived early and asked for early check in and that was not available which is fine. We were given a ground floor room after requesting an upper level room. We were told the upper level rooms were all booked up even though later in the evening curtains were still drawn and lights were not on in these rooms. This was on a Monday. The room was clean except for the windows which overlooked the harbor. That was disappointing. The pool was very small. The rooms were ok just need some updating.

Room Tip: I would request an upper level room when booking to get a better view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank jmbbjb
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
The hotel is currently in the process of preventive maintenance on the higher floors, we are also updating the wireless Internet for better coverage to the hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience of the lower floor, and if you return I would be glad to personally assist you with your reservations. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenosha
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
Hampton Inn & Suites Kenosha
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
Candlewood Suites Kenosha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha
DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasant Pr...
#1 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie

Been to Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside? Share your experiences!